the Rift

[PRIVATE] Butterflies are the Worst

Tiamat the Ocean's Light Posts: 360
Aurora Basin Lady atk: 8 | def: 10 | dam: 3
Mare :: Unicorn :: 15.2 :: 6 years HP: 60 | Buff: NOVICE
Nimue :: Common Orca Leviathan :: Boil Reli
“I did it, Papa!” Tiamat giggles breathlessly, her slender figure playing in the ocean’s waves. Winter’s frosty bite does little to dampen her spirits, or dissuade her excitement; she has been ever so eager to share this moment with her father, and she’s not about to let some silly little chill discourage her rapture. She can feel it bubbling through ever part of her; every bone, every muscle, every fiber, it seems barely contained by her skin. “Time Mender,” she breathes again, still hardly able to believe it, that her herd as seen her fit enough to entrust her with such a gift. It is a title she will bear with nothing less than honor and responsibility—and, of course, delight!

It is a piercing whinny that manages to distract the ocean mare from her euphoria, the distressed sound cutting through her attention and snagging her like a hook, her healer’s heart and sheltered mind demanding that the cry not go unnoticed. Sharply she spins, sending a spray of foamy water scattering out from her legs, dainty ears standing erect and tilting in the direct from where it had come. Brushing her nose briefly against her father’s frothy fingers in a stroke of farewell, Tiamat pushes herself towards the shore. Once cloven hooves find purchase on solid sand, she breaks into a canter, the length of her tail twisting behind her.

“Hello?” She calls out across the pearly sands, hoping that the wind has not played with her today, and has lead her in the right direction. Before long, a figure rises from the horizon, quickly taking shape of a fellow equine. Somewhere in the back of her mind, Tiamat recognizes her from the herd meetings, and is sure that this starry stranger is a fellow herd mate. However, the excitement that would normally blossom with such a discovery is postponed, overshadowed by concern when she notices the blistering wound on the mare’s muzzle.

Coming to a halt with long hair and seashells cascading over her shoulders, the blue mare gives the other a soft, brilliant smile. “My name is Tiamat, I’m a healer,” she assures gently, already calling on the magic within her as she speaks. Like an extension of her body, a small orb of water slowly gathers from beneath the sands, hovering and twisting and dancing in its circular cocoon. She searches for the moisture that has not been salted by her father’s hand (guessing that the star-speckled mare has already made this mistake, judging by the added irritation of the raw, sweltering skin).

Directing the orb upwards, she moves it closer to the wound. “Hold still, and hold your breath,” she instructs with an amused smile, not looking away from her pocket of water (for fear that it might fall apart if she were to do so). Carefully, she presses it forward until the cool liquid encases the other mare’s muzzle, the gentle current within the orb cleansing her injury of any debris or damaged skin. Tiamat works quickly, allowing the water to splash onto the sands after a moment. With a practiced touch, she snatches an aloe leaf from the herbs braided into her hair, stripping it with her teeth and pressing the cool, exposed gel against the burn.

“There,” she steps back, “that should ease the pain.” Bright white eyes seek to find their stormier counterpart, a breath of silence passing before she dares to continue. “I have healing magic as well, though I have yet to use it,” the ocean mare confesses almost bashfully, her happiness laced with a shadow of reservation, “I can try if you would like?” Delicate ears are trained forwards, not wanting to overstep her boundaries, but wanting to do all she can (and, though it is hidden beneath her selflessness, she is eager to try out her new gift!).

notes; SO SORRY AGAIN FOR THE WAIT ._.
“Speech.”

dreaming the day away!

@Ki'irha | art by Mar ♥
please tag Tia in all replies!
magic & force are permitted.

Messages In This Thread
Butterflies are the Worst - by Ki'irha - 03-13-2016, 11:11 PM
RE: Butterflies are the Worst - by Tiamat - 04-28-2016, 03:08 PM