the Rift

I knew much more than I do now.

Lyanna the Windswept Posts: 313
World's Edge Queen atk: 7 | def: 11 | dam: 4.0
Mare :: Pegasus :: 15.2 :: 5 years HP: 64 | Buff: NOVICE
Kyra

i am a leaf on the wind

Months had passed since she’d first stepped foot in the Threshold. Everything had been so different then. It’d been her and Adelene, running for their lives. Away from home, away from the rebellion and the bloodshed. Her brother and parents were dead, and though thoughts of them crept into her head constantly, there was no looking back. Not really. She couldn’t return to Morham. The teal in her hair and on her wings would give her away in a second. The mark of royalty, of a dynasty that the rebels wanted wiped from this earth.

But here, she was nothing. Here, she was plain and simple and no one really noticed her. Not that she was neglected here or anything. But no one had heard of Morham, and she never really admitted who she once was. Not that it would matter here. That was the beauty of it. She was a princess once, yes. But there were plenty of those around here, and her heritage meant little. No one needed to murder her in order to keep a throne in Helovia. And therefore, she was safe. She could no longer even call the wind to her.

She was truly nothing; a thought that she found more freeing than sad.

Still, it was strange for the once princess, who knew her place in life and had plenty to keep her occupied each day, to now have almost nothing to do. She’d joined the Edge and found herself welcomed with open arms, and decided to join the healers. That seemed like something she would be good at, and she’d soon be on her way with Tilney for their first task. But she has some time to spare, and feeling a bit more confident than she has in the past few months, decides to venture back to the Threshold.

This time, she is the one that has a home to offer. A home that had given her a reason to live, when she’d had nothing at all. It seemed only right for her to spread the word. She flies, covering the distance between the Edge and the Threshold somewhat quickly, though trying to stay low enough to the trees to avoid the worst of the bitter cold air. Still, she’s grateful when she comes to the beginning of the woods, landing quickly and tucking her black and teal wings to her side for warmth. She slips into the trees, grateful for the break in wind provided by the trees, though it’s still chilly.

The sound of a Hello? nearby catches her attention, and Lyanna turns her path in that direction, figuring it’s as good a place to start as any. She finds a mare covered in a blanket of stars, white mane cascading down her shoulders. If anyone could remind Lyanna that here she was plain, it would be this mare. Not that Lyanna was jealous or upset by it, but she did sometimes forget. In Morham, her relatively simple coloring had been the most interesting one would find. There are footprints in the dirt, and Lyanna guesses that there’s perhaps someone else lingering just off the path.

She nickers slightly as she closes the distance, stopping a polite space away from the other mare, with a nod and smile. “Hello,” she says, though trying to make it clear she realizes that the mare might not have been looking for her. Instead, she adds, “Come out! We won’t bite,” with a nostalgic smile on her face. Her first time here had been so similar, except she’d been the one in the woods keeping clear. This time, she was the one inviting them out. 

watch how i soar.

lyanna

@Ki'irha, @Ichab

Please tag in all posts
Magic use/power playing is okay, but check before serious injury/death
Image by Kiki

Messages In This Thread
I knew much more than I do now. - by Ichab - 03-15-2016, 12:29 PM
RE: I knew much more than I do now. - by Ki'irha - 03-15-2016, 07:32 PM
RE: I knew much more than I do now. - by Lyanna - 03-18-2016, 11:08 AM
RE: I knew much more than I do now. - by Nymeria - 03-22-2016, 11:35 AM
RE: I knew much more than I do now. - by Ichab - 03-23-2016, 06:07 PM