the Rift

I knew much more than I do now.

Lyanna the Windswept Posts: 313
World's Edge Queen atk: 7 | def: 11 | dam: 4.0
Mare :: Pegasus :: 15.2 :: 5 years HP: 64 | Buff: NOVICE
Kyra

i am a leaf on the wind

The group grows somewhat quickly, as it had when she had been on the other side of this conversation. The number stops at one more though, this one silent and perhaps deadly (though the only thing that makes Lyanna think such is the white skull on her face). The third mare to join remains silent though, and in a moment, there are horns peeking through the trees. Lyanna shifts her attention from the two mares to the horns, which are quickly followed by a rather tiny, adorable stallion. She doesn’t say this aloud, knowing he might not actually like being called adorable. But she can’t help thinking it.

His eyes linger on her for a moment, and while they do, she feels strangely like herself for that time. It is still strange (though also somewhat glorious) to be overlooked. After all, she was raised a princess, and everyone stopped and bowed and watched her go. She was raised in a land where the strangest coloring was her own, a mark of her family’s line. Here though, she is nothing. And she doesn’t miss the attention really (it’s safer for her anyway to go unnoticed). But still, there’s something pleasant about feeling like she’s not worthless either. 

His gaze turns though to the last mare, and then he introduces himself, voice rather loud for his smaller size. He drops his forehead, presenting it to all three of them before stepping closer to her, forehead nearly touching her nose. She’s not entirely sure what she’s supposed to do here. Perk of being a princess, she knows there are other customs for greetings. She’d learned them all, and been well rehearsed whenever visiting dignitaries came. But she has no idea where he’s from, and here, she’s so far from home that she doubts she would have learned the customs of his herd anyway. 

Instead, she crossed the distance, figuring maybe a gentle touch will work. She sniffs a bit as well, figuring one of these two things might be right and hoping she didn’t just manage to offend him in the process. “Lyanna,” she offers, pulling back and hoping to cover any guffaw with her introduction instead. “It’s a pleasure to meet you as well. “ The starlit mare has already introduced herself as well, and asked the question Lyanna is wondering. She doesn’t know Helovia well enough to know what all the herds smell like, so she can’t even guess. Instead, she waits to see what his answer is, quickly figuring out that it’s custom to save the recruiting for a few more moments.

How strange, this recruiting thing is. She’d never actually done it before, so instead, she takes her cues from the other, hoping mostly not to make a total fool out of herself. And to perhaps make a friend in the cute stallion. She could use a few of those around here. 

watch how i soar.

lyanna

@Ichab @Ki'irha @Nymeria

Please tag in all posts
Magic use/power playing is okay, but check before serious injury/death
Image by Kiki

Messages In This Thread
I knew much more than I do now. - by Ichab - 03-15-2016, 12:29 PM
RE: I knew much more than I do now. - by Ki'irha - 03-15-2016, 07:32 PM
RE: I knew much more than I do now. - by Lyanna - 03-18-2016, 11:08 AM
RE: I knew much more than I do now. - by Nymeria - 03-22-2016, 11:35 AM
RE: I knew much more than I do now. - by Ichab - 03-23-2016, 06:07 PM