the Rift

I knew much more than I do now.

Nymeria Posts: 182
Outcast atk: 5.5 | def: 8.5 | dam: 6.0
Mare :: Equine :: 16.2hh :: 3 years HP: 69.5 | Buff: NOVICE
Lilómiel :: Plain Black Dragon :: Fire Breath Wanderer
Nymeria
- the raven casts the longest shadow -
Nymeria shifted her weight, snow crackling beneath her hooves. Her scarlet irises flicked over the brush, seeking out the source of the thin scent threading through the air. So far she had had little luck, but surely the two others wouldn't be here without reason. So she waits (impatient, almost wild-eyed) until foliage rustles and parts to reveal something she certainly wasn't expecting. Antlers? Yes—two antlers, dark, conspicuous bone.

Then there was a face following the antlers, the color of sun-baked earth enveloped by an ivory blaze and silver lining around dark eyes glinting with royal blue. (That wasn't the first thing she noticed about Ichab. The first thing would be his size; he was the tiniest thing she'd ever seen.) More white markings stretched across his diminutive body in a way reminiscent of a deer, complete with a dual-toned tail. Bright, almost irisdescent blue speckled his spine.
(Is he even a horse?)

The wolf, however, offered the decidedly strange looking fellow a smile. It wouldn't do to be rude, she figured; that would only exacerbate her death-like markings and villainous gaze. In return, he cleared his throat and threw out a cheerful greeting a notch or two louder than was altogether necessary.

(Alright. He was definitely weird. Still... he'd shown up in Helovia. She had to do her herdly duties or whatever.)

Then he became even stranger to Nym's (silently judgemental) eyes; he lowered his head and barged forwards towards the pegasus. Her sympathetic nervous system screamed into high alert—she could feel a kick as the adrenaline flooded her veins, and the grullo reflectively flinched away from Ichab. Except instead of preparing to defend herself against what was clearly an attack, the pegasus lowered her head, sniffing at the foreigner's forehead. This time Nymeria couldn't help it. One of her brows arched upwards in savage confusion, snorted again, and shook her head in utter bemusement.

It was the dark unicorn who responded first to Ichab's questions, her mellifluous voice matching her night-sky coloring. Nym stayed silent; this, this felt like a ritual, and she would wait her turn. And so she tucked away Ki'irha's name, and decided to remember that she hailed from the far north—she also noted that she liked to ask decidedly idiotic questions. If the Basiner had any ounce of sense, she'd see that the deer-like unicorn was a foreigner.

Instead of giving voice to her thoughts, Nymeria stepped forward, cutting down on the distance between her and the others. Emulating all of Lyanna's grace, she attempted to replicate the gentle touch of her muzzle to Ichab's forehead. (What better way to show, after all, that the Hidden Fall members were respectful of unique customs and desired not assimilation but individuality?)

With a smile that'd melt any heart, Nym takes her turn in introduction. "I'm Nymeria," she says cheerfully; "I'm from the Hidden Falls. If you're seeking a place to call home, the Falls are the place for you."
image credits
table by neo ♥

@Ichab

Yes I lied, don't think about you all the time
All my switchblade words ain't aim to cut your sweet delusions

Messages In This Thread
I knew much more than I do now. - by Ichab - 03-15-2016, 12:29 PM
RE: I knew much more than I do now. - by Ki'irha - 03-15-2016, 07:32 PM
RE: I knew much more than I do now. - by Lyanna - 03-18-2016, 11:08 AM
RE: I knew much more than I do now. - by Nymeria - 03-22-2016, 11:35 AM
RE: I knew much more than I do now. - by Ichab - 03-23-2016, 06:07 PM
RE: I knew much more than I do now. - by Ki'irha - 03-27-2016, 07:33 PM