the Rift

I knew much more than I do now.

Ichab Posts: N/A
Unregistered
:: :: ::
Ichab listened with rapt attention to each of their introductions. The starry mare was from a land called the Aurora Basin, a land that, from her description, sounded as it it was always under the harsh bite of Frostfall. He doubted that would suit him. Winter had forever been Ichab's least favorite time of the year. He much preferred the new warmth of spring, the blossoming of flowers and growth of foliage. And the fawns. He had always loved to see the newly born and timid fawns finding their feet and their courage and flitting about his valley home. He let out a sigh and pushed that nostalgic thought from his mind.

The other mare, the one with the blue hair and the impossible feathers on his back, spoke of her home as well. The World's Edge, she had said it was called. The name, more than anything, piqued Ichab's curiousity. The very edge of the world, he thought, fascinated by the thought. He had wanted to see the world, the entire world. Well, we better way to do that than to travel to the edge itself?

His ears pressed forward eagerly, he bobbed his head at the thought of it. How absolutely wondrous for the World's Edge be? What sort of things might he find there? Though he very much wanted to explore the other lands these mares talked about, and he was certain they were just as beautiful and just as spectacular, he could not deny his desire to see the place the pretty mare called home.

"Well, they all sound marvelous!" he said, a huge grin upon his face. "But I think I would very much like to see the Edge of the World." His gaze tried to meet that of Lyanna, his eyes bright and excited for the continuation of his adventures. "But, um, thank you all for offering me your homes," he added quickly, feeling awkward to send the other two home without a new recruit in tow.

He pranced lightly on between his fore hooves, his energetic curiosity barely contained within is small form. He would see the land they called the the World's Edge, and, if he was honest with himself, it wasn't just the land he was excited about. For after all, he would be traveling there with the pretty creature he'd ever laid eyes upon, a creature decorated with teal in her hair and feathers upon her top line. He offered Lyanna another wide grin, giving his antlers a little toss. Having made his decision, he had eyes only for her, the other two having fallen from his attention. It wasn't that he ignored him, for he didn't have a rude bone in his body. He simply had only the attention span for the coming adventure, now.

"Talk."
Ichab
the end is not as fun as the start,
please stay a child somewhere in your heart.
art by Smithers

@Lyanna Blech, sorry it's kinda bad. -_-

Messages In This Thread
I knew much more than I do now. - by Ichab - 03-15-2016, 12:29 PM
RE: I knew much more than I do now. - by Ki'irha - 03-15-2016, 07:32 PM
RE: I knew much more than I do now. - by Lyanna - 03-18-2016, 11:08 AM
RE: I knew much more than I do now. - by Nymeria - 03-22-2016, 11:35 AM
RE: I knew much more than I do now. - by Ichab - 03-23-2016, 06:07 PM
RE: I knew much more than I do now. - by Ki'irha - 03-27-2016, 07:33 PM
RE: I knew much more than I do now. - by Lyanna - 03-28-2016, 03:56 PM
RE: I knew much more than I do now. - by Nymeria - 04-02-2016, 07:37 PM
RE: I knew much more than I do now. - by Ichab - 04-04-2016, 11:40 PM