the Rift

:: Your Next SWP ::

Chan Posts: 0
OOC Account
Mare :: Other :: 17hh :: 25
Chan
I want EVERYTHING mwahaha :D

But yeah, I'm a bit torn when it comes to upgraded feel with buildings, because while I do love structures and systems and trading etc, I get nitpicky and micromanaging and so I have a hard time getting around the fact that horses don't really -need- buildings, stored food or tools. They eat grass, grass is plentiful. They have thick winter coats, so no need for buildings to shelter against the weather. I adore items for embellishment, like jewelry and bags and clothes and I definitely like weapons, but other than that...

Hm. Maybe if it's upgraded structures with a purpose? Like temple for the gods, storage for books and learning, healing facilities etc... but in a Helovianesque style that keeps close to nature and never go beyond steampunk technology? I'd much rather see emphasis on trading between the herds and with individual crafters than big horseland cities.

I'd really love if the magic system could be expanded to make it a bit more flexible, f.ex to make potions, enchant your own items, maybe even learn to create more complicated spells with serious side effects - perhaps this could be combined with a long term SWP where civilization takes off based on a magic power source and then is destroyed apocalypse style. Ie, the gods can hammer down why the Rift happened in the first place. x3 I like rise and fall stories, especially the 'fall' part of it!

As for Light or Dark themed plots, I enjoy both but I feel there is more potential for drama and development in Dark plots, as they generally challenge ones basic nature and require characters to get in touch with themselves/realize their true potential. And of course cool monsters that needs defeating! Whereas my view on Light is the everyday grind with glitter on it - cooperation and staying united and convincing each other that -this- is the way to do it... idk, I think I might be prejudiced. x3

I really liked Goatfairy's example of a plot where we don't know the outcome until the end of it. With the God War plot I felt it did become predictable after the second round, so more varied results would be welcome in my opinion. I don't think the native Helovians necessarily have to win all the time - it would be fun to lose, and have to struggle a bit in order to turn the tables. And even if we're unable to do that, it could be incredibly rewarding - what would happen to the site if we had been unable to defeat one of the gods? What if the Bear managed to maintain control over Blood Falls, and it ended up a zone where the laws of magic and physics were altered - and if that spread, affecting more lands and requiring more effort to put right - or learn to live with.

I think my ideal SWP is one that has no ending - it can be started, yes, and the intensity of it might wane after a while, but effects remain and become a new mainstay. The way we acquired new lands for Helovia was a great idea - maybe it can be possible to expand on flora and fauna in similar ways, and magic, and buildings/structures, whatever we want really! And if it turns out not to work, initiate another SWP to remove it again - because it's a magical site, we can do whatever we want!

All this said, I'm all for smaller plots too. The herd focused plots would be wonderful indeed! I think it would be nice to increase the pantheon of Helovia - not necessarily with gods but maybe other things that affect the life, spiritually and physically. In RE there are a bunch of different creatures represented - maybe we could lift out particularly nasty/benevolent versions and make them a common threat/aid for each herd, something that is recurring but still exciting enough to continue doing. I'm thinking of invasion attempts by griffons on the DT perhaps, or mermaids staking claim to WE, Yetis in the Basin.. and they're not just a one time thing but there's maybe one or two attacks one season, or none at all the next. Things that do actual damage and lasting effects that can't be done using the NPC account.

One simple, fun plot would be if the Gods suddenly switched lands ;D Imagine the struggle if you were a Glazier and suddenly have to learn using stone or cloth, or the confusion among the followers... It'd be fun to search for clues on why they switched, how to make them come back and so on.

aaaand.... Yes. I'll stop here since I had way too much fun with this, sorry if it got hard to understand in places - chan is low on sleep and sugar, ahaha.

Messages In This Thread
:: Your Next SWP :: - by Tamme - 03-15-2016, 06:33 PM
RE: :: Your Next SWP :: - by Mortuus Nox - 03-15-2016, 07:31 PM
RE: :: Your Next SWP :: - by Psilo - 03-16-2016, 06:05 AM
RE: :: Your Next SWP :: - by Mauja - 03-16-2016, 06:07 AM
RE: :: Your Next SWP :: - by Psilo - 03-16-2016, 06:10 AM
RE: :: Your Next SWP :: - by Tilney - 03-16-2016, 08:25 AM
RE: :: Your Next SWP :: - by Bunnie - 03-16-2016, 10:12 AM
RE: :: Your Next SWP :: - by Myrrine - 03-16-2016, 10:56 AM
RE: :: Your Next SWP :: - by Sarah - 03-16-2016, 11:31 AM
RE: :: Your Next SWP :: - by Calstron - 03-17-2016, 09:48 PM
RE: :: Your Next SWP :: - by ChaoticMelodies - 03-18-2016, 08:36 PM