the Rift

:: Your Next SWP ::

Jen Posts: 16
OOC Account
Mare :: Other :: 14.3 hh :: 21
Jen
Because this got really long...

TLDR; Light swp that doesn't necessarily "end", no herd SWPS (because of potential exclusion/overburden on admin/activity issues), magical history library accessible to all herds that promotes the spread of knowledge reduces admin burden with constant seer meetings and serves as potential threshold replacement/solution/more fair deal.

Maybe this is just my thought, since I missed the shipping plot and some of the lighter ones, but I really think a light plot would be nice. I feel like everything is kind of doom and gloom, lately, which is fun for development but also sways it in one direction. A more light themed plot might give people the opportunity to explore their characters outside of crisis mode, and see what they are like when for once everything is fine. I think it says a lot about a person to see what they do when they are given, for example, a free day where the weather is fine and they have no responsibilities or worries (as much as that is possible, anyway) and I think it would be true of our characters as well.

I'm hesitant about individual herd plots for a few reasons. First of all, they sound like a pain to organize from an admin perspective, since you would have 4 plots instead of one to watch over. Second it excludes outcasts to an extent. Third, herd numbers and activity vary and if your herd happens to be in a period of stagnant activity while it happens and everyone else is in a more active period, it might be a bummer. Also when the herds try to host big events themselves, as far as I have seen they have often struggled to get off the ground (IE winter wonderland.) I know, for example, that Falls simply does not have the numbers that Edge does right now, and not for lack of trying. The threshold is tough (I have thoughts about it below).

As for buildings, I am probably one of the few that is going to vote yes on this. I think some sort of massive temple or library would be amazing. Helovia is four years old and has an extensive history, but (for the most part) it does not have immortal citizens, and some of those who are going to live forever might not be so forthcoming about knowledge. A place to store it would be awesome. Some sort of structure suddenly erected by the Gods (maybe using magical energy or ideas they got from the rift, which surely couldn't have been ALL bad?) And for those not inclined to knowledge, there could be a sort of "battle stage" room. I like the idea of this being open to all herds because it promotes interaction, isn't a plot that necessarily "ends" like Chan said, and levels the playing field some.

I understand and agree with, however, the sentiment that buildings are unnatural, as are many of the things our horses do. My answer to that is: MAGIC. Since I'm very into the library idea, why have books that our horses can't hold or make when in a land of magic there could be halls of stones that, when touched, spoke ancient secrets? What about magically painted murals, portraying great battles and powerful figures that have died (another honor for ascended to earn, perhaps?) Herd crafters and wise ones could bring stones or crafted artifacts to the library to be enchanted to speak history, etc, which would also give seers something to do every season that interacts with their role and a brief RE instead of always calling upon the God, when realistically a god won't always appear and admins won't always have time to write a long conversation with them. This is all just a "for example," but I think it would also help fix another problem...

The threshold and the spread of knowledge. A lot of people hate how long it takes for outsiders to learn about all of helovia, it's a big adjustment and if you want to participate in a drop but your character doesn't even know what a companion/magic is yet, it gets sticky. This is a problem for foals too. They can only bumble around at a drop not knowing anything for so long before it gets boring and hinders their character--it no longer makes sense for them to be there and they can't necessarily interact with the prompts an RE gives them. If there were some sort of great hall of knowledge that characters could pass through upon entering helovia, they could learn this information themselves and even learn about the herds. This would do away with what is (to be honest) sometimes out of character stuff happening where people force a grump/antisocial char/monster/etc to go play nice with strangers just to recruit. If a character was still undecided and people missed writing in the threshold, they could request an NPC sorting hat kind of deal that interacted with them and the person could link them to random.org (ooc of course :P) and the newcomer could randomize what herd they were going to.

Messages In This Thread
:: Your Next SWP :: - by Tamme - 03-15-2016, 06:33 PM
RE: :: Your Next SWP :: - by Mortuus Nox - 03-15-2016, 07:31 PM
RE: :: Your Next SWP :: - by Psilo - 03-16-2016, 06:05 AM
RE: :: Your Next SWP :: - by Mauja - 03-16-2016, 06:07 AM
RE: :: Your Next SWP :: - by Psilo - 03-16-2016, 06:10 AM
RE: :: Your Next SWP :: - by Tilney - 03-16-2016, 08:25 AM
RE: :: Your Next SWP :: - by Bunnie - 03-16-2016, 10:12 AM
RE: :: Your Next SWP :: - by Myrrine - 03-16-2016, 10:56 AM
RE: :: Your Next SWP :: - by Sarah - 03-16-2016, 11:31 AM
RE: :: Your Next SWP :: - by Calstron - 03-17-2016, 09:48 PM
RE: :: Your Next SWP :: - by ChaoticMelodies - 03-18-2016, 08:36 PM