the Rift

[OPEN] i solemnly swear that i am up to no good

Kid Posts: 122
Outcast atk: 4 | def: 8.5 | dam: 6.5
Colt :: Equine :: 15hh :: 3 years HP: 63 | Buff: NOVICE
dark
the boy king
I'm still so unsure, not knowing how to describe the feelings that aren't my own. Yes, I hate her (surely I must, that's what this feeling is right?)— I've been taught to hate her. Yet I can't tell her why, shouldn't I have a reason? My brows narrow at her questioning my inability to explain, worrying my lip between my teeth in a moment of deep thought.

Suppose that I don't hate her— or any unicorns or pegasi or what-have-you— that I've just been keeping up this mindset to appeal to Mother, and in truth I'm curious about the mechanics of wings and the growth patterns of horns. I maintain this appearance of racism to appease a dam who beats me, who hates me. Why should I continue to keep this up when she already doesn't approve of me (what more damage can be done?)?

So I shrug my shoulders at her, looking at her thin little horns— just beginning to grow— and give her the best possible explanation because at this point, I'm growing careless and I need to tell someone about this new discovery (and aunt Nym isn't here so this girl's the runner up). I'll just keep it short and simple, not give too much away, but enough to (hopefully) satisfy her. "I guess it's because Mother wants me to."

I almost burst into laughter at the prospect of Mother having anything non-equine— it would never happen. "Mother wouldn't even think of going for anything but an equine," I answer her firmly, sticking to the idea that Mother would be absolutely repulsed by thinking of doing anything with a stallion that wasn't an equine. Her hatred was far too real and deep rooted for it to happen, beaten into her as harshly as my false hatred was— except hers was genuine and she was passionate about her equine only empire (the one I was to inherit). I skip the other question that arises from the sooty child, choosing to completely ignore it (as it doesn't apply if Mother wouldn't ever produce a non-equine child).

And there's also the thought of Sabre thinking the other species are disgusting, sickly and unwell with their tainted blood. Is she truly against all but the equines, or is it just a facade to entertain Mother? This possibility that she genuinely hates others makes my stomach turn, shoulders tensing at the idea that I'll be rejected by my counterpart as well, a disowned piece of the family.

"Talk."
kid
image credits

@Oizys

made by reli

tag me in everything

Messages In This Thread
RE: i solemnly swear that i am up to no good - by Kid - 04-23-2016, 03:53 PM