the Rift

[PRIVATE] show me some pride [ranjiri]

Ranjiri the GoldenShade Posts: 372
World's Edge Mare atk: 4.5 | def: 8.5 | dam: 6
Mare :: Hybrid :: 16.0 :: 5 HP: 62 | Buff: NOVICE
Mara :: Common Rougarou :: Shadow ali

Truth be told, I hated the Heart Caves and I often avoided going anywhere near it. All the memories that were trapped in my head of that place were ones that I wanted to leave locked away in the deepest part of my mind. I didn't want to remember threatening my dad or Gaucho. I didn't want to think about how I had destroyed Gaucho's dream catcher (even if that was the reason I was there). I wanted the past to stay in the past, but it always had a way of forcing itself into the present and making life miserable.

I stayed as far away from the mouth of the caves as I could, because that open, gaping hole in the ground continued to be something out of my nightmares. Instead I stayed in the shrubland where the grasses were over my my back and reached past the tips of my ears, and they swayed as I walked. I could imagine playing hide and seek with Cera as foals there, but we hadn't really had the opportunity to grow up together. Maybe one day, when I had kids of my own, they would come out here and play hide and seek with other foals.

But who was I joking? Kids of my own.

I snorted and dipped my head down to continue my search for material that I could use for the dreamcatcher that I wanted to replace for Gaucho. I knew I could probably make the whole thing out of metal, but I didn't want to do that. I wanted to make it something like what I destroyed (before dad had turned it to gold, of course). I just ... what were dreamcatchers made out of?

In retrospect I probably should have asked Cera for some kind of idea before I started rooting around in the tall grass. Oh well.

"."

Mother, make me
Make me a big tall tree
So I can shed my leaves and let it blow through me

aud pixel!

Messages In This Thread
show me some pride [ranjiri] - by Archibald - 03-20-2016, 05:45 PM
RE: show me some pride [ranjiri] - by Ranjiri - 03-20-2016, 07:58 PM