the Rift

[OPEN] Is sand worse than snow...

Ulrik the Engineer Posts: 235
Deceased atk: 5.5 | def: 9.0 | dam: 6.5
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 17.1 hh :: 11 HP: 69.5 | Buff: ENDURE
Kirchoff :: Common Hellhound :: Superspeed Tamme

Ulrik made his way south toward the Dragon's Throat. The last time had been there... Well. Hm. Perhaps not the last time, but the most memorable time had been interesting to say the least. He had been on a fighting force behind Psyche, and he had watched her fall in battle. Then, in irritation and disappointment, he had turned his back on his opponent and left. A short time later, he had shoved Psyche into retirement and given Deimos his own position as interim leader.

Only the Throat looked different now. There was an ocean between himself and the middle part of it - the part that contained the oasis, if he remembered correctly. So this was troublesome. Ulrik stood there for a moment, a sour expression on his face as he considered this literally ocean between him and his goal. Did they have a doorbell? Anything? Perhaps a foghorn so that guests standing upon the threshold did not have to sit in the miserable sand awaiting an answer?

Also, was he expected to swim across? Or did some pegasus rig some sort of flying device to cross? The thought made him nauseous. He had absolutely no interest in flying, and he preferred his two, cloven hooves to remain firmly planted on the ground. "My name is Ulrik of the World's Edge, and I come to offer my services to you as allies." That much was true, but he wasn't sent. He came of his own accord.

He had ulterior motives, of course. He was not such a benevolent creature to expect nothing in return. However, what he wanted was quite easy to obtain since he had some inkling that she lived here. Essetia. Ulrik wanted to be near and keep an eye on her, as creepy as that sounded. Perhaps learning her habits in her natural environment would shed some light onto who she was? It was worth a try.

And thus he stood at the threshold, wondering which was worse: sand or snow?

table by tamme | |art by lunarblues

(Ulrik is going to make stuff for Maren :) in part of a deal)

@Maren

(Please tag me in every post)

Messages In This Thread
Is sand worse than snow... - by Ulrik - 03-20-2016, 09:30 PM
RE: Is sand worse than snow... - by Maren - 03-26-2016, 07:41 AM