the Rift

For a Few Dollars More [Auri v. Caenan]

Auriel Posts: 122
Outcast atk: 4.5 | def: 7.5 | dam: 7
Mare :: Hybrid :: 16.2 Hands :: 3 (Ages Birdsong) HP: 66 | Buff: NOVICE
prissy
Auriel
The wind, I assumed, did not know remorse. It whipped my pale mane and tail in each direction, it's gusts unyielding, though infrequent. It's chilly breath clawed at my own, smokey exhales, tugged at my dark feathers. I pulled the appendages close, snorted at the effort it took and headed toward the southern border.

I was looking for a man I hardly knew, a unicorn, a fellow Protector of the Edge. Well, he was a Sergeant of the Edge. I didn't overlook his name, or his promotion, at the last meeting. His title assured me he was to be a formidable opponent. I could only hope he wouldn't evoke memories I had so carefully buried, like the other men who I had sparred against had done.

The thought caused a twinge of pain to flare in my breast, one I could only hope to use as kindle for a brighter flame, a victory. I had lost, but I had also learned. 'I can do this,' I reassured myself, trying to quiet the nervousness brewing in my chest.

I paused at the border, lingering away from it's deteriorating glass wall. The winds weren't as bad here as they were by the cliffs. 'This'll do,' I dolefully decided. Although I was sure I could make it through the fight, I dreaded it (because what if I can't do it after all?). But I had to, for our fight was long overdue. The nerves that bubbled within me, mixed with my affliction over fighting at all, made my call for the stallion tentative. I repeated my whinny a second time, though, with more vigor as I channeled my nerves into yelling for the man.

@Caenan
0/3
281/800

Setting: Forested southern border of the World's Edge, windy, solid ground and clear skies. It's the afternoon, around 1 or 2 o'clock, pretty chilly.
she belongs to the fire
Image Credit
She walks in starlight in another world.
She is far away. She...she is far, far away from me.

Messages In This Thread
For a Few Dollars More [Auri v. Caenan] - by Auriel - 03-22-2016, 09:08 PM