the Rift

[PRIVATE] Stepping Forward

Archibald the Dauntless Posts: 386
Absent Abyss atk: 6.0 | def: 9.5 | dam: 8
Stallion :: Equine :: 18.3 hh :: 10 years HP: 80 | Buff: SHIELD
Loretta :: Alaskan Malamute :: Time Slip Time
Just the beating of hearts, like two drums in the grey.

Archibald the Dauntless

& Loretta the Fierce

"Brisa," Archibald's voice was smooth and calm as he stepped from the treeline, his huge frame moving towards the gray mare. His golden eyes sought hers, everything about him at ease. He had not spoken to this mare directly in quite some time, though it did not leave his attention that she had been under his rule for many years, in many different capacities. Brisa was as loyal to him as anyone, even in her silence. Black tail flicking against his hocks as he stopped, just a few paces from her, and nodded. She was always a good crafter, dutiful, and he had seen her projects come to life recently within the walls of this waterfall-dotted forest. He offered her a small smile, but it faded quickly. He was not one for smiling. "I hoped to catch you after the meeting."

Loretta trotted out beside Archibald, her head lifted in triumph. From her jaws hung a rather plump, dead squirrel. Golden eyes flicked down to her momentarily before back to Brisa. Loretta dropped her kill and lowered to her belly, eyes scanning toward the little kitsune. It looked canine enough, and Loretta wondered if it ate meat. Whining lowly, Loretta nosed the squirrel toward the fox-like companion and scooted closer herself. Archibald nodded again, "Loretta would like to share her meal with your companion." Loretta looked up to Archibald, amber eyes thankful. There was a communication barrier between her and other companions. It rivaled the easy communication she had with her sisters, and she missed it. Manhattan flashed behind Archibald's eyes and he sighed some, ears flicking.

He did not know when his companion would be done in her process of mourning, but it was becoming easier each day to live without Knox's shadow.

art by shady

@Brisa

Through the ages of time
I've been known for my hate,
but I'm a dealer of simple choices;
for me it's never too late.

please tag me

Messages In This Thread
Stepping Forward - by Brisa - 03-22-2016, 09:33 PM
RE: Stepping Forward - by Archibald - 04-30-2016, 09:23 PM
RE: Stepping Forward - by Brisa - 05-01-2016, 08:20 PM