the Rift

on and on we run away

Lyanna the Windswept Posts: 313
World's Edge Queen atk: 7 | def: 11 | dam: 4.0
Mare :: Pegasus :: 15.2 :: 5 years HP: 64 | Buff: NOVICE
Kyra

i am a leaf on the wind

She’s growing tired of Frostfall, but also used to it. There’s little shelter in the Edge but the trees, and so it doesn’t much matter to her if and when she ends up outside her home. It’s just cold everywhere, and she keeps her wings close to her side whenever she’s not flying (she still can’t resist the urge to fly, despite the sometimes bitter winds). Maybe it’s good that she doesn’t mind the cold though, because it keeps bringing her to the Threshold.

Honestly, she’s not sure what else to do with herself. She was learning how to be a healer, slowly, which for her basically meant gathering herbs. She no longer had the power of the wind at her disposal, and could no longer do much of anything beside wander around and get in the way. So mostly, she just stayed out of the way. What else was she going to do? Everyone had their friends and families and lives.

But Lyanna? Well, the best she could do was offer others the same thing she had found. A place to live, a place that felt safe when she’d had to run for her life, a place full of kind souls when she didn’t believe there were any left. No, perhaps she didn’t entirely fit in. But that would change, eventually. Everyone else fit in. She just needed to stop living in the past, perhaps. Not that she wasn’t trying…

Oh, just stop.

She shakes her head, clearing her mind of that train of thought. Inevitably, that train only lead to her dead parents and her dead brother and her missing sister. Which is not why she’s flying over the Threshold right now. So she focuses on finding a clearing in the forest where she can land, tucking her tri-colored wings back to her side as she does so, trying to warm up. The weather was definitely turning warmer, the promise of spring not far away, but the sky was still damn cold.

A voice not too far off catches her attention, and she makes her way toward it, close enough to catch the last few words. “…homeland should you please,” the voice is saying, and Lyanna remembers almost those exact words offered to her not so long ago. The two mares come into view after another moment, and she nods her head in greeting. One is young but a Pegasus like Lyanna, and she can’t help but think of time spent flying with her sister. Rare, because her sister was far too spoiled to spend much time with Lyanna. But they had, and she can’t help but dream of something similar again. Just someone to fly with, to teach. A purpose again.

The other mare is white and gray, and may or may not have introduced herself. Lyanna’s too late to the party to be sure. “Hope you don’t mind a little more company,” she says, words easy and friendly, the smile on her face kind and genuine. Despite everything, she hasn’t entirely lost herself. “I’m Lyanna, from the World’s Edge. I went because I was offered a place to rest my head, and didn’t leave,” she chuckles slightly before falling silent, waiting to see what would come next. 

watch how i soar.

lyanna

@Ryo @December

Please tag in all posts
Magic use/power playing is okay, but check before serious injury/death
Image by Kiki

Messages In This Thread
on and on we run away - by Ryo - 03-24-2016, 03:29 AM
RE: on and on we run away - by December - 03-30-2016, 11:17 AM
RE: on and on we run away - by Lyanna - 04-19-2016, 08:42 AM