the Rift

[OPEN] Take Me Down Tonight

Roux Posts: 57
Outcast atk: 5 | def: 7.5 | dam: 4.5
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 16.1 :: 5 :: Orangemoon HP: 62.5 | Buff: NOVICE
Edison :: Red Kite :: Rage Semper
Hand on my heart allegiance to the night
Every star waits for the darkness to shine

I couldn't help but feel mildly uncomfortable in the masked mare's presence and for once in my life I was pleased by the fact that my unmarked features tend to do a good job of keeping my emotions tucked away beneath my zygomatic bones. Black dipped ears flicked back against my tangled mane before flipping back to her, warily watching the slight interactions between her lizard and herself. It was interesting to see how differently we all communicated with the beasts that share half of our minds. I wondered momentarily what Edison and I looked like to the outside world, both of us painted in blood, but still so very different in our personalities. Me being the more emotion driven of the two of us, even if I was good at hiding the fact that I allowed my subconscious to drag me through the dirt.

In the midst of my thoughts I didn't notice the masked stranger step closer, at least halving the distance between us, "Roux." Edison's screeching voice, as you would expect an avian to have, broke through my thoughts as he attempted to alert me of the impeding creature. His discomfort after being chased by the flying reptile was still evident and I'm sure it was nearly written in bold across his face. Monochrome eyes focused in on the mare's face just as a sickening smile, that I assumed would have been attractive had I thought she was attractive, twisted her monochromatic features before a trill voice broke through the silence of the icy world around us. “Hello, I’m afraid I’ve gotten turned around. Do you by chance know where the World’s Edge is?” I thought over the map of the lands that I had traveled in my time pointlessly hunting for my family. But before I had a chance to speak up and inform the mare that she was in fact turned around and she should probably try again, she was speaking again.

Pass "go" don't collect $200.

“I was just wanting to visit a friend you see, and now… well, I haven’t the faintest idea of where I am.” A very feminine giggle spilled from her lips, it seemed almost unnatural against the mark of death painted on her plain features. A shiver passed through my bloodied frame as I took a half step away from the mare who's behavior just seemed off. "You are definitely not at the Edge of the world. I'm sure your friend is missing you." I supposed if she really needed the assistance I could lead her about halfway to the misty lands that I had been held captive in as a child. But then I had to turn around and go back to the Basin where I belonged and try to put together the pieces that my father and brother had left shattered in the snow.

"Speech."

@Nymeria
dude, I am so sorry this took me a lifetime to get done...hope it's worth it!
image credits :: falony
Now waking to the sun
I calculate what I had done
Like jumping from the bow
Just to prove that I knew how
</style>
pixel by nikkayla

Messages In This Thread
Take Me Down Tonight - by Roux - 03-24-2016, 03:12 PM
RE: Take Me Down Tonight - by Nymeria - 04-11-2016, 06:25 PM
RE: Take Me Down Tonight - by Roux - 04-19-2016, 09:28 PM
RE: Take Me Down Tonight - by Nymeria - 04-28-2016, 09:05 AM