the Rift

Grief relief [Cass]

Cassiopeia Posts: 171
Hidden Account
Mare :: Pegasus :: 15 hands :: 8 years old
Phantom
She watched as hushed words were exchanged between father and daughter, head tilted in curiosity as she watched them do so. Her brow was furrowed ever slightly as he explained the reasoning of the secretive words, the expression softening as the inquiry about her family rang through the air. His warm breath poured over her moist skin, and although the heat made it difficult to fully enjoy the closeness, it was still a welcome sensation. "Sometimes." She affirmed, head repositioned as her gaze transferred to the water at her feet, eyes focalizing unintentionally upon their reflections that manifested easily atop the sleek surface. "I regret to say that I rarely think about them anymore. So much has happened that my mind is usually preoccupied by other things - namely the family I have forged here; Cirrus..." She looked up at him now. "You." A smile slowly graced her visage to complete the verbalism.

It was a genuine assertion, for her dearest companion, and also her beautiful daughter, preoccupied her thoughts on a large basis. She considered if she had ever mentioned her sister to him, and was taken unaware when she realized she seldom ever spoke of her own family. "I admit that I do sometimes think about my sister. Though I miss her dearly, I had chosen to find my own way before her, and I know not of her whereabouts now, which saddens me." Her thoughts wandered to Adhara now, recalling the more roguish nature of her younger sibling with nostalgia. A smile broke upon her features as she then recalled their youthful antics, and suddenly a pang of longing ushered forth. She wondered where she was at that moment; how life was treating her.

Her features hardened with complexity. "It is strange that I have never mentioned her to you before. It just never really crossed my mind for some reason." She felt somewhat guilty that she hadn't. They once had been exceptionally close. If they were ever to cross paths again, would time have weakened their bond, she wondered idly?

Messages In This Thread
Grief relief [Cass] - by Ázzuen - 06-15-2012, 04:37 PM
RE: Grief relief [Cass] - by Cassiopeia - 06-19-2012, 03:21 AM
RE: Grief relief [Cass] - by Ázzuen - 06-20-2012, 02:00 AM
RE: Grief relief [Cass] - by Cassiopeia - 06-20-2012, 12:53 PM
RE: Grief relief [Cass] - by Ázzuen - 06-21-2012, 01:33 AM
RE: Grief relief [Cass] - by Cassiopeia - 06-21-2012, 02:31 AM
RE: Grief relief [Cass] - by Ázzuen - 06-21-2012, 08:38 PM
RE: Grief relief [Cass] - by Cassiopeia - 06-22-2012, 11:07 PM
RE: Grief relief [Cass] - by Ázzuen - 06-27-2012, 12:41 AM
RE: Grief relief [Cass] - by Cassiopeia - 06-27-2012, 03:02 PM
RE: Grief relief [Cass] - by Ázzuen - 07-03-2012, 10:43 PM