the Rift

global concepts

Boetius Posts: 4
Absent Abyss
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 16.3hh :: 6 years
Time

Boetius
One man caught on a barbed wire fence

What the fuck was this place? Where was I? Winter clung around like the residual lover no one wanted, and it made everything grossly wet. I pressed onward, however. Any place had to be better than where I came from. At least no one here would want to kill me. Either way, I was damn determined that I would kill them first if they tried. I was tired of living on the run, and I needed to start standing some damn ground.

Or lest appear a coward.

I was not a coward. I am not a coward. I am a god among men. I stand above everyone else in this fucking world. Even now with an ashy pelt and scars and blood dripping from my eyes I was still the most. Most everything.

Boetius.

It was a new name on my lips but I liked it. Bo. They can call me Bo. I snorted, satisfaction curling my ebon lips. Nodding to no one but myself, a stepped again into the wet snow. Dark, choking mist curled up from my feathered hooves. Each of my horns sprouted the dark fumes like a factory tower, where inside the products were questionable at best, but probably sinister by nature. How amusing.

Why the fuck was the snow so wet here? Groaning, again to no one but myself, I pressed my shoulder into a tree in an attempt to rest.

I didn't know that you cannot rest when your heart is continually pumping vile through your veins.

This place, this damnable forest, was so full of noise. Birds, and other animals, and horses. I could smell them, even as my own smoke lifted to my nostrils. My nose wrinkled as I looked around, seeing the paths that were worn down into the remnants of wet snow. Lowering my head some, I pawed at the ground. Snow moved under my solid, large hooves until green grass lit my vision.

Yes, spring was definitely on the way. With that, I assumed that many were here to find homes and a place to fill their bellies. My own stomach rumbled at the thought, and I took a mouthful of the young, cold grass. It was bitter on my tongue. Everything was bitter on my tongue. Nothing tasted as it should. I swallowed it nonetheless.

Fuck this life.

I breathed in. I breathed out.

Waiting.

talk talk

image by schwartze@da/tamme

Messages In This Thread
global concepts - by Boetius - 03-26-2016, 02:57 PM
RE: global concepts - by Zandora - 03-27-2016, 09:41 PM
RE: global concepts - by Boetius - 04-24-2016, 08:27 AM
RE: global concepts - by Erthë - 04-26-2016, 04:13 PM
RE: global concepts - by Boetius - 05-18-2016, 11:49 AM