the Rift

[PRIVATE] Love Runs Out

Tembovu the Elephant Posts: 805
World's Edge Captain atk: 7 | def: 9.0 | dam: 7.5
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 18hh :: 10 HP: 77 | Buff: SWIFT
Mbwene :: African Elephant :: Ashen smitty
Black-rimmed ears twitch at her snort of disgust. Eyes harden more, becoming lined with ill-disguised ire. Surely their last meeting was emotionally charged, but that did not warrant outright revulsion. His knee flexed instinctively beneath the stare of the Doctor, unconsciously showing that her healing fully worked. A silent thanks. He sighed heavily, sending a cloud around his muzzle as an ear swiveled to catch the cold call of a seagull not far above the trees. They were closer to the cliffs than he had thought— the mists hid them well, today.

Both ears flick back to the black and white beauty, eyes draw to the annoying whipping of her tail against her haunches, as she began to answer his question. But she stopped, and he pressed, “Our goddess…?” Though some undercurrent of concern softened the earlier edge of his voice. When it came to the Moon, he knew it was wise to put aside individual qualms and focus on wholly on her.

But that was not needed, for Alyssane was quick to shake her head and brush away his question, instead fixing him with a steely stare and tired, dismissive question. His mouth lined as lips press together for a moment, reining in his thoughts and ire. A few short breaths came and went through his nostrils, the chill of Frostfall biting at his lungs as his massive shoulder shifted bringing his broad chest square and thick neck arched so that he could face her directly.

"While I cannot demand your respect, I can require that you not disrespect me,” his deep roll began, toneless but firm. “I do not claim to be a strict King. I do not order those within the Edge about, nor do I insist on 'Kingly' titles. And I welcome the open, honest opinions of herd members,” he paused, studying her with a dark, pointed gaze, “However, you nearly openly disrespected me before the entire herd at the meeting, Alysanne,” a small frown creased his black brow, “If you question my judgement, if you doubt my ability to lead, then I will gladly answer any criticism you may have before a council or the herd. But if it is personal dislike that turns your tongue against me, then not only does it disappoint me that you let it cloud your judgement, but it also has no place at a herd meeting.” He ended his speech, perhaps the longest and most Kingly he had yet to give, ears tipped forward and great mass warily preparing for the sharp Doctor’s rebuttal.
He paid for his sins. He was saved.
But some sins haunt us no matter how much we pay.

@Alysanne So he tried to be diplomatic, BUT I COULDN'T STOP HIM FROM GOADING HER JUST A LIL BIT

Please tag Tembovu.

Messages In This Thread
Love Runs Out - by Alysanne - 03-26-2016, 03:35 PM
RE: Love Runs Out - by Tembovu - 03-30-2016, 09:08 PM
RE: Love Runs Out - by Alysanne - 03-31-2016, 12:29 AM
RE: Love Runs Out - by Tembovu - 03-31-2016, 01:08 AM
RE: Love Runs Out - by Alysanne - 04-01-2016, 01:18 AM
RE: Love Runs Out - by Tembovu - 04-05-2016, 02:26 AM
RE: Love Runs Out - by Alysanne - 04-17-2016, 03:55 PM
RE: Love Runs Out - by Tembovu - 04-27-2016, 07:29 PM
RE: Love Runs Out - by Alysanne - 05-14-2016, 02:14 PM
RE: Love Runs Out - by Tembovu - 05-14-2016, 11:59 PM