the Rift

[PRIVATE] Love Runs Out

Tembovu the Elephant Posts: 805
World's Edge Captain atk: 7 | def: 9.0 | dam: 7.5
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 18hh :: 10 HP: 77 | Buff: SWIFT
Mbwene :: African Elephant :: Ashen smitty
Her words are sharp, but her raging anger had mostly cooled as she exposed the underly egotism he, himself, had realized. The blaze in his navy eyes flickers a few times as his head drops slightly and his gaze darts askance towards the cold ground. A deep, hard breath goes in and out of his flared nostrils— trying to calm and control himself as his head Moon Doctor continued.

What was he doing? Why was he pushing her? What about her was pulling out this dormant vengeance and prodding his ever ready demons? Ivory ears unpin as, one sweeping towards her, as she reveals her fear. “…all I’ve seen of you lately is fire and shouting…” The words resonant more than she could know, as he realized their truth.

He snorted hard, thick black lips pursing tighter than before. He holds his silence, still, mind mulling, demons cackling, and regret flaring. Gaze raises from the earth, head angling towards the piebald woman to watch her. She was rigid in anger and fear, leaning as far away from his as she could. What had he done?

“Then don’t fall to them.” A short chuckle lacking any true humor pushed out his throat at her terse, cool reply. He blinked her voice trembled and she asked him to step away. Without a word and without hesitation, he complied; long limbs giving the mare the space she desired.

Though his eyes were still heated and his body still rigid, the fury had left him. Only smoldering coals remained of the inferno she had stroked into flame. A silence held for a long while as he stared at her, studied her, thinking long and hard on their past encounters and this one. Finally, thoughts aligned with the compass that pointed (mostly) north, he began to speak.

“I am not asking for your silence. I will not tie your mouth shut against any concern or fear you have of my leadership— that is not right or just,” as the flames died, hardness took their place, “But I believe it is fair of me to ask that, if and when your concerns arise, you bring them to me first. I do not claim that my actions are infallible, but,” he sighed between words, “There is usually a good reasoning for them.”

An apology clawed at the back of his tongue, but the anger and demons were to strong to let it out just yet, so instead he continued, “Will you give me that, instead of a prize, Alysanne?”
He paid for his sins. He was saved.
But some sins haunt us no matter how much we pay.

@Alysanne their anger hurts my heart ;-;
I think this is a good place to end it?

Please tag Tembovu.

Messages In This Thread
Love Runs Out - by Alysanne - 03-26-2016, 03:35 PM
RE: Love Runs Out - by Tembovu - 03-30-2016, 09:08 PM
RE: Love Runs Out - by Alysanne - 03-31-2016, 12:29 AM
RE: Love Runs Out - by Tembovu - 03-31-2016, 01:08 AM
RE: Love Runs Out - by Alysanne - 04-01-2016, 01:18 AM
RE: Love Runs Out - by Tembovu - 04-05-2016, 02:26 AM
RE: Love Runs Out - by Alysanne - 04-17-2016, 03:55 PM
RE: Love Runs Out - by Tembovu - 04-27-2016, 07:29 PM