the Rift

[PRIVATE] Wonderstruck & Wearing Thin

Rexanna Posts: 499
World's Edge Mare atk: 4.5 | def: 8.0 | dam: 5.5
Mare :: Unicorn :: 15hh :: 7 years HP: 61.5 | Buff: NOVICE
Marembo :: Marbled Polecat :: None Skylark

Rexanna recognized her son’s tension, but from what she wasn’t sure. Was it from seeing her so battered and broken? Or was it from what had happened to him that he seemed to try and hide. Her blue gaze hardened as she watched her son, awaiting answers and wondering just perhaps what had caused such a marking. Nothing crossing her mind in terms of ’are you okay’. She wasn’t sure how she’d be able to respond to that inquiry either if he were to round it back onto her. The Thief was beginning to realize that she wouldn’t be able to protect him from everything, and she hoped that perhaps he would learn how to handle things on his own. No matter how much it hurt to learn.

Her ears flickered back for a moment as she lingered on the floor, Rein hovering over her as he said he had fallen. Her gaze grew suspicious as it lingered on her son with the crescent markings on his shoulder. “Well, what did you fall on?” She began before letting the frustration escape her. If Calstron were to come for her life tomorrow, the last thing she wanted was an argument between her and her only child. She emitted a small sigh before shaking her head, her ears flicking back to attention on him. “It looks like it’s healing well. Do you want me to find Tiamat in case?” She paused, briefly wondering if he wanted her to ask if his wound hurt, but before she could get the words out he rounded the question back onto her.

Lips forming into a frown as she turned her gaze away from the golden child. His voice was clearly broken, wanting answers. Wanting to know why his mother wasn’t the strong formidable force she had always portrayed to be. If only she could tell him, it was an act all along. That she never truly was such a strong pillar. But that she was always just a coward at heart. But what good would that do? She didn’t want him ashamed of her. She couldn’t bear to think of what he might imagine. Perhaps now was a good place to start, to show him how much she’d changed, how much she’d became, how tall she’d gotten – to how far she’d fall.

Rein, you know I love you right?” She breathed to him, her own voice merely a shaky whisper as well. She didn’t want to frighten him, but she needed him to listen. “And nothing will change that. You’re always going to be my little golden boy.” She let her sad blue gaze land on him once more, hoping to capture his own sapphires as she forced a small smile to cross her lips. “I want you to know that no matter what you do, you can’t make everyone happy. And sometimes those ghosts of the past come back to haunt you.” She paused, making a small motion down to the “C” etched into her flesh. “This is from one of my ghosts.” She let her gaze linger down on the stone with a small sigh, her smile fading as she stared. “Everything will be okay, though. I promise.” Rexanna forced her gaze from the floor to look upon her own flesh and blood. Knowing that deep down it had to be okay. If for nothing else, for him.

Talk!

Art by Neverrmind @ DA

@Rein , omg Rein pulling the teenage angst out XD
[Image: lovelyskylark.gif?8]
Permission given for moderate power play.
Feel free to use magic/force on Rexanna, without killing her.
Please tag in every post!

Messages In This Thread
Wonderstruck & Wearing Thin - by Rein - 03-27-2016, 12:26 AM
RE: Wonderstruck & Wearing Thin - by Rexanna - 03-28-2016, 11:38 PM
RE: Wonderstruck & Wearing Thin - by Rein - 03-29-2016, 04:06 PM
RE: Wonderstruck & Wearing Thin - by Rexanna - 03-29-2016, 11:23 PM