[PRIVATE] Can't See the Light

Ki'irha Posts: 176
Outcast atk: 4.5 | def: 9.0 | dam: 6
Mare :: Unicorn :: 15hh :: 5 years old HP: 64.5 | Buff: NOVICE
Noella
[Image: kiirha1_by_littlewillow_art-d9sng8h_zpszhllmi1m.png]

Ki'irha

but in dreams I can hear your name, & in dreams we will meet again

“Do you ever feel alone, though, even when someone is with you? Even when you’re in a crowd - like you’re somehow... separate?”A sadness overcame her features, and this time she was unable to hide the expression. Though she was silent for a moment, in her head images raced, momentary pictures of all who had come and gone, of the discontent and bitter loneliness that peppered her life. The last face she saw, burned into her eyes, was of the painted haruspex. The girl looked away, and her voice was quiet. "Always."

She had wandered through many provinces of Helovia with few lasting relationships. She tried to not hide herself away in the recesses of the Basin, but she found sanctuary within the mountains. Her wanderings throughout the night, with nothing but the moon as her guide and the stars as her guardians, reminded her that solitude came with it's rewards, but it also came with painful loneliness to have no one to share the heavens with. Perhaps the stallion understood her emotional ailments; but still, did he expect to find company somewhere on the barren Steppe? Maybe it was the fates that brought them together, two home-tied vagabonds who needed escape. Running away was never an appropriate answer, but sometimes it provided a distraction before the real world came crashing down again.

"Maybe, sometimes, we aren't meant to have anyone." It hurt to say out loud. Were they really destined to be alone, without a single other soul to require their existence? She sighed, and looked back to him. "My mother always said that everything happened for a reason. The way I look at it, maybe we walk alone because we simply haven't found the right people to share the stars with." She shrugged, her galaxy-stained shoulders rolling gracefully. It was a ridiculous notion, sure. But, hopefully, it was true. Maybe they just needed the patience to see the bigger picture. She forced a laugh, looking back out into the storm. "I know, cliches are terrible. They just make some things easier to swallow."

Silence settled over her again. A slight gust of wind slipped past the rock slabs, blowing in a small flurry of snow. She sidestepped on nimble cloves, attempting to evade the wind and it's harsh chill. It didn't matter whether it was instinct to move out of the way, or something more, some subconscious spur, that encouraged her to shy away from the elements. Her shoulder brushed against him, and she felt her skin alight with the touch of another. Even if it was accidental, something about their contact made her heart flutter. She looked up at him, trying to catch his eye. Despite how she didn't want to encroach on his space or make him uncomfortable, despite how she knew she should step away, she couldn't. How long had she craved the touch of another? For too long she wished for someone to fill the space left by a thousand disappointments and broken hearts. She didn't know him. He was Mesec, who hailed from nowhere, who she had just met. And who was she? She was Ki'irha, the unknown girl from a different nowhere. They were two unknown stars, settled into uncharted sky, aligning for the first time.

She pulled away, shifting ever so slightly away from his form. Her tail flicked, her heart quivered, her body threatened to betray her. Still she watched him, and her words, nothing more than an exhale, were meant for him, to be tucked away close to his heart.

"I don't want to be alone anymore."

Image Credits
Original Coding by Tamme

@Mesec ~
[Image: 5581b91112f69]
Colored by Kels ♡
Lines by Bronzehalo

Please Tag Me ○ Permission for magic and injury is granted. Just no death or permanent harm.

Messages In This Thread
Can't See the Light - by Mesec - 03-27-2016, 03:44 PM
RE: Can't See the Light - by Ki'irha - 03-28-2016, 08:51 PM
RE: Can't See the Light - by Mesec - 03-29-2016, 10:05 PM
RE: Can't See the Light - by Ki'irha - 04-01-2016, 11:31 PM
RE: Can't See the Light - by Mesec - 04-02-2016, 08:37 PM
RE: Can't See the Light - by Ki'irha - 04-04-2016, 09:51 PM
RE: Can't See the Light - by Mesec - 04-05-2016, 12:13 AM
RE: Can't See the Light - by Ki'irha - 04-05-2016, 08:44 PM