the Rift

[PRIVATE] All Fall Down

Alysanne the Devoted Posts: 641
World's Edge Queen atk: 7 | def: 10 | dam: 3.5
Mare :: Pegasus :: 16 hh :: 11 years HP: 62 | Buff: NOVICE
Hemlock :: Flammulated Owl :: Heal & Cypress :: Great Horned Owl :: None Sarah

we heal with love

“It’s nice to meet you Ros.” She replied to the introduction with a soft smile, committing it easily to memory. It was rare that the painted mare, who used to love social interactions and craved them more than she did water or food, would forget names. Lately she had been, mistaking those she had seen before and forgetting those she had - lost in her own mind.

A small, quick chuckle was her reaction to Ros’ comment about getting moving earlier in the day. “I’m sure I’ve heard that too… but between you and me I usually prefer to sleep in.” Alysanne whispered with a grin, as though she were sharing some secret. But really, it was easier for her to sleep during the day - with the sun on her and the sound of her fellow herd mates shuffling through the forest letting her know that she wasn’t alone.

Alright, let’s not get into that.

“Just pull out whatever you can, I’ve got to start over anyway.” She added some vague directions, welcoming the help from the younger mare. Trying to puzzle out which of the plants were weeds in this setting and which would be helpful in the future was a bit too complex of a lesson to get into - both for Ros, first thing in the morning, and for Aly who hadn’t slept. Better to just get it all out and then start over. It was a shame to see Resplendence’s hard work go to waste but… perhaps this was for the best. The quiet pink mare no longer belonged to the Edge and the peaceful herd she had belonged to no longer existed here at all. Fresh starts and all that.

What was being a healer like?

The question actually stumped her. She had never been asked that before. She gently placed the plant down that she had pulled up and thought for a moment. “Yes I’m a healer. It’s… it’s rough sometimes but I like that I can help others, whether it’s with magic or with the herbs that I’ve learned about. It’s an important role - almost everyone needs a little bit of help from a healer every now and then - and sometimes the pressure is a lot but it’s also nice. If someone I love, know, or a complete stranger is in need I can help them.” She had stumbled across enough random injuries here in Helovia to know the value of knowing what to look for in a forest or being able to call on the mists that those of her station had been granted.

Hoping she hadn’t rambled too much or bored her young audience, she lowered her head to another plant to pull but asked a question before grasping it. “Have you ever thought about becoming a healer?”

alysanne & hemlock

image credits

only took 2 months to reply BUT YOU WERE ON AWAY SO MAYBE IT'S STILL OKAY???
@Roskuld <3
please tag Alysanne in replies
[Image: alysanne_by_schwartze-d89se15.png]
made by the lovely tamme
non-life threatening physical force is allowed at all times, but preference is to be checked with beforehand for any injuries

Messages In This Thread
All Fall Down - by Alysanne - 03-28-2016, 09:04 PM
RE: All Fall Down - by Roskuld - 04-01-2016, 02:42 PM
RE: All Fall Down - by Alysanne - 04-06-2016, 09:16 PM
RE: All Fall Down - by Roskuld - 04-10-2016, 11:09 AM
RE: All Fall Down - by Alysanne - 06-12-2016, 07:15 PM