the Rift

lifecycles

Kahlua the Sunshower Posts: 662
Outcast atk: 5.5 | def: 9.5 | dam: 4.5
Mare :: Equine :: 15.3hh :: 9 [Orangemoon] HP: 65 | Buff: NOVICE
Khan :: Common Blue Dragon :: Frost Breath Sevin

Miss, a voice calls. The que-, no, Sunshower, she reminds herself again, stops. Ears perk, eyes scan the horizon steadily. She had no fear. At least not now. This place is home, and home is not frightening. Except for… a horn. Her ears flick and the music skips a beat with her heart and she decides- friend… or foe. Were the politics here the same? The unicorns of the north ever clambering for supremacy, unity of their species? The Sunshower did not know, could not know. A breath, scent inhaled, musky stallion- did he smell of the Basin? She didn’t even know what it smelled like anymore. It was a distant memory by now. The chill in the air all she could bring to mind.

From above, a downy blue feather wafted. Khan circled, watchful. The eyes of a dragon never rest, the queen had learned. He had saved her many times during their absence. She made up her mind not to be frightened.

Cold… nights… he mentions, and she looks around, almost as though it was the first time she was seeing the snow and the sun drifting towards the horizon. Yes, perhaps it would be cold. She bobbed her head genially in agreement. “I had many friends once,” she said, almost placing a question mark at the end. Unsteady, uncertain, unsure how to proceed. Only once had she been an entrant to Helovia. Only once had she had to explain why she was here. She had always been on the other side. Drawing the new ones in, bringing them home, welcoming them. “I doubt any of them here remember me now, though,” she blabbered on, falling back on the one thing she was good at even when she was nervous.

Her eyes drifted slowly down towards his leg, examining but not judging. Curious. Khan cawed once, still vigilant, but not yet reactive. Patience was a virtue he had worked hard at. Absently, she began pawing at the ground, digging at a small stone that was lodged there- an old habit that seemed so familiar. Where to start? There was so much to say. “I was queen of the Edge once,” she muttered, as though it helped her case. She had always wanted to share too much. “I ran away, but I’ve come home… its hard to be away from home for too long, you kn-“

Words cut short and the Sunshower sharply turned her head. That was her name in the air, spoken by another, a voice- she knew it. Instinctively she cried out, all thoughts of the stone-legged stranger drifting from her mind for that second. A gray body in the woods, a voice, a scent, so familiar. So much like home. “Brisa,” she whispered, just a breath, as her pawing stopped, eyes wide in disbelief. Was that happiness in her old friend’s voice? It couldn’t be… could it? But it was. Kahlua returned the favor. “BRISA!” she cried more vibrantly, hooves scrambling to take her closer, to throw her neck across her friends shoulders, to exhale so deeply that she thought she might collapse through the floor. She knew it… she was home.

Kahlua
Here Comes The Sun
Schwartze @ Da

@Reginald @Brisa

Permission granted to use magic or physical force with Kahlua at any time
for any reason to any degree, with the exception of killing her.

Please do not tag Kahlua unless it is in an opening post

Messages In This Thread
lifecycles - by Kahlua - 03-29-2016, 08:15 PM
RE: lifecycles - by Reginald - 03-29-2016, 08:48 PM
RE: lifecycles - by Brisa - 03-29-2016, 09:00 PM
RE: lifecycles - by Kahlua - 03-29-2016, 09:16 PM
RE: lifecycles - by Reginald - 03-29-2016, 09:32 PM
RE: lifecycles - by Brisa - 03-30-2016, 06:27 PM
RE: lifecycles - by Kahlua - 03-30-2016, 08:33 PM
RE: lifecycles - by Reginald - 03-30-2016, 09:06 PM
RE: lifecycles - by Brisa - 03-31-2016, 07:16 PM
RE: lifecycles - by Kahlua - 04-05-2016, 10:20 PM