Mare :: Pegasus :: 14.2hh :: 5 years HP: 60 | Buff: NOVICE
LovellaTorendo
riel
"and I'll follow the sun"

if the end should come for me
I hope and pray that it shall be
in golden sunlight and destiny

Sunrise…

It colors the Helovian sky in brilliant hues promising kisses of warmth for those that stand in the rays of the morning star. Winter is still clinging desperately to the landscape in a dusty white blanket but soon enough the chill and snow both will fade away and leave spring in their wake. The flowers are not yet growing but the birds are returning, slowly. Owls, ravens and the like never left to begin with. Some small song birds remained through the cold months as well and it is these small, fluffy, chirping avians that take to the skies now singing the sun to its throne.

Riel joins the birds…

She’d flown throughout the night but she is not too tired to play with her feathered friends. Her elegant, compact frame dips, soars and spins dancing among the tiny creatures with care. Four shining wings adorn her glittering golden shoulders moving her strongly through the air. This game brings her over the western edge of the Threshold Forest before long. Eventually she happens to look down and take note of this fact. Calling sing-song farewells to the flock growing around her she dives groundward. Her speed is pulled up short a safe distance from the earth and she glides easily to a landing in a clearing at the edge of the forest.

“Well, this is not where I meant to find myself this morning. I must have overshot in the night...”

A huff of confusion leaves her lips but she does not seem terribly dismayed.

It feels like only yesterday that I arrived, for a second time, in the very forest that stretches before me now. In truth it has been three seasons, nearly in full. Najya welcomed me then and brought me back home, back to the Dragon’s Throat where she assured me Ampere was still a well known face. I’ve not sought out this former acquaintance or any of the friends I’ve made since. I’ve been keeping to myself… greeting the sun with each down, listening to the great tree, exploring the board sands, but all on my own. There are just so very many warriors in the desert. This of course makes it a safe and comfortable place to call home but, I am ashamed to admit, I find their presence in such numbers to be more than a little intimidating. This is the reason behind my recent reclusiveness. I will have to shake it off eventually, I know I will, maybe when spring comes…

That unreasonable intimidation is no excuse for shirking my duties however. So, now that winter is nearly ended, I’ve gone out to complete the task given me. Patrol the Thistle Meadow. Somehow, I’ve managed to lose said meadow. At least I landed somewhere I am familiar with, if I just turn myself back towards the south and start traveling I’m sure to come across the meadow eventually. Wait, what is that...

The petite golden mare is starting to turn away from vast spread of towering trees when a sound catches her attention. Her ears prick alertly and she wuffs questioningly before make a snap decision. With folded wings tucked tight against her side she trots out of the clearing and into the trees. It is not long before these quick strides bring another equine-type being within her view. Halting quickly she peers around one very large tree trunk.

She is youthful, this other, but clearly filling herself out with some speed. She lacks the obvious, long-legged awkwardness of the very young but is still something less than full grown. Her figure is delicate, like that of her observer, and lovely. If Riel is a beam of sunlight and stardust then this woman-child is a drop of snow. The wings the downy wings that hang over her back look like they could belong to a very large swan and these features are accented by multiple shimmering horns and the occasional piece of dangling jewelry.

“Beautiful...”

Riel breaths the word as she slinks forward, exposing her full form. She comes near to the younger girl and stops again just a few body lengths away.

“Hello, are you lost too?”

(Image Credits | table by Odd | quote from "I'll Follow the Sun" by The Beatles)

Helovia Hard Mode
(pixel by Chan | pixel base by BronzeHalo)
Actions: No killing | Tagging: Yes
Riel was designed, characterized and originally played by Chan

Messages In This Thread
This is all I ever was - by Erthë - 03-30-2016, 02:23 PM
RE: This is all I ever was - by Riel - 03-31-2016, 04:34 PM
RE: This is all I ever was - by Erthë - 04-01-2016, 04:47 PM
RE: This is all I ever was - by Volterra - 04-02-2016, 10:57 AM
RE: This is all I ever was - by Riel - 04-04-2016, 01:13 PM
RE: This is all I ever was - by Erthë - 04-04-2016, 02:18 PM
RE: This is all I ever was - by Volterra - 04-04-2016, 03:35 PM