Absent Abyss atk: 7.5 | def: 9.5 | dam: 2.5
Mare :: Pegasus :: 14.2hh :: 5 years HP: 60 | Buff: NOVICE
LovellaTorendo
riel
"and I'll follow the sun"

if the end should come for me
I hope and pray that it shall be
in golden sunlight and destiny

Riel has never in her life tried to hide from anything.  Avoid, yes, but never hide from.  Someday this is sure to get her in trouble.  There are things out there that certainly should be hidden from and it is unlikely that she will recognize those things for what they are if she ever meets them.  This time it does not matter so much, at least not at first.  Still, despite her lack of camouflage or attempts at a silent approach, she seems to have startled the stranger she has come upon in the white blanketed wood.  It is almost as if the girl had been doing something she shouldn’t have been for her surprised start is much larger than the situation truly warrants.  Her expression is tightly contained by the time she rounds to face her golden watcher however.

As the younger female ruffles her feathers and pulls herself together, drawing up to a more correct posture, Riel inches closer.  The tone with which she finds herself addressed leaves something to be desired.  If Riel’s voice is all sunlight and warmth, a perfect match to her glittering outward appearance, then this lass is just as fine a match in speech to her own outward appearance.  The words that fall on the golden ears are all chill and frost but Riel is not bothered by such small things as lacking social graces.  She certainly can’t hold any claim to unwavering politeness afterall.  While unfailingly kind in all things, her forward manner still frequently falls short of strictly “polite”.  Her smile only widens as the assertive reply reaches her.

“Oh, how lucky!  Maybe you can help me then.  You see, I know where here is… I’ve been to this Threshold forest before.  I seem to have gotten turned around in the darkness though and now I’m not entirely sure how to find the place I’m actually supposed to be...”

Despite her direct admission about being lost, Riel doesn’t seem too terribly concerned with the fact.  Her ears remain pricked happily forward and her eyes shine with wild joy.  Even the continued stiffness and narrow-eyed, almost sullen gaze of the adolescent girl does not appear to dampen her mood in the least.

There are few things I enjoy more than meeting people I have never met before.  Regardless of whether or not they are as pleased to be meeting me.  Just now, this new face is almost enough to distract me from my very important task.  It has certainly sidelined things for the moment.  Still, if this girl knows her way in our world as well as she claims I am sure I can convince her to at least point me in the right direction when we are finished talking.  She definitely seemed sure about that claim, so I see no reason at all for concern.  Even if it turns out that she can’t, or isn’t willing, to give me directions I’m sure I can get myself right all on my own.  It will just be less convenient and delay me a little longer is all.  I am about to rush on with a series of eager questions when my companion continues the conversation all on her own...

“No, you wouldn’t have.  I’ve only lived here for a few seasons and I don’t get out as much as I should.  I’m Riel of the Dragon’s Throat.  Where do you live and what is your…”

The golden lady is then interrupted by a voice from behind her supplying half of the answer to the question she hadn’t quite finished asking.  This new arrival made no greater attempt to hide than Riel had and yet Riel, like Erthe, is startled enough to flinch.  Her flinch manifests in a small sideways hop and sudden loosening of her previously pinned wings.  The feathered appendages unfold slightly but not far enough to bump into anyone or anything.  She quickly side steps shifting so that she can easily see both parties involved in the impromptu meeting.  Her head turns to the left and right causing the silver bells in her mane to tinkle merrily as she glances between them.  In the end her sunny smile settles on the male.  There is no sheepish chagrin or other indication of embarrassment in her expression or her voice as she offers open welcome to this stallion.

“Hello, friend of Erthe.  May I know your name?”

She is completely oblivious to the hungry manner with which her ass had been assessed as the man exited the trees.  Because she was not clued in to the possible danger in the first place, she has no idea that the mere presence of the snow-white teen has saved her from sure ravishment brought on by uncontrolled testosterone.

(Image Credits | table by Odd | quote from "I'll Follow the Sun" by The Beatles)

@Erthë 
@Volterra

Helovia Hard Mode
(pixel by Chan | pixel base by BronzeHalo)
Actions: No killing | Tagging: Yes
Riel was designed, characterized and originally played by Chan

Messages In This Thread
This is all I ever was - by Erthë - 03-30-2016, 02:23 PM
RE: This is all I ever was - by Riel - 03-31-2016, 04:34 PM
RE: This is all I ever was - by Erthë - 04-01-2016, 04:47 PM
RE: This is all I ever was - by Volterra - 04-02-2016, 10:57 AM
RE: This is all I ever was - by Riel - 04-04-2016, 01:13 PM
RE: This is all I ever was - by Erthë - 04-04-2016, 02:18 PM
RE: This is all I ever was - by Volterra - 04-04-2016, 03:35 PM