the Rift

[PRIVATE] Total sum of void

Erthë Posts: 440
Outcast atk: 5.5 | def: 8.5 | dam: 5.5
Filly :: Hybrid :: 14,2 hh :: 3 years HP: 64.5 | Buff: NOVICE
Chan

Tears bead in the eyes of the child and Erthë feel her insides contract, an awkward sensation of guilt rising within her at the sight of them. Had she gone too far, had she said too much? To scold an orphan barely dry behind the ears for lacking in humility and grace... to make the kid cry, how tactless could she be? She of all people should know how overwhelming it is to lose a parent, how emotions would fluctuate and become skewed, distorted, unreasonable in the face of this all consuming void that threaten to consume everything that is good and right with the world. To lose both parents... Erthë couldn't even begin to imagine what kind of pain and confusion the child must be in.

Pressing soft wings tightly against her sides the young hybrid girl made to reach for the black filly, a nose half extended to offer comfort, apologies, anything to make those tears cease before overflowing. But then the filly found her voice and Erthë stopped herself, halted by the display of what she perceived as strength. Though pitiful, though well deserving of tears and sadness, the child chose to bite it back, to swallow it and move on with life. The change in subject might be abrupt but it made Erthë want to applaud, whoop and dance and chant tunes of victory over weakness.... Instead she simply smiled and indulged the kid, dropped her partially unanswered questions and began to relate the story of each of the baubles that decorated her slender frame.

"Thank you, Enyo!" she said, smiling slightly. "I inherited some from my mother - these amulets, and my bow" - she indicated the amber stones that hung from the horns by her cheeks and raised a downy wing to show the ivory weapon that lay tucked into the crook of the appendage.

"Others are gifts from friends. I got this feather from Evangeline, a healer in the herd - it's one of the Moon Goddess' feathers - and this tooth from the Goddess herself, and this bracelet is from Iona - she's the spy, did you know? - and this amulet I found lying about on the ground."

She happily displayed the smoking purple feather in her mane and the golden bracelet she wore at the dock of the tail before the girl, affection for the people she named made apparent by the warm expression on her face.

"I don't really know why people keep giving me things... Soon I will have to start declining their kindness, I won't be able to carry it all around!"  

She laughed and twirled a little pirouette where she stood, a silly gesture made beautiful by coiling locks and shimmering pearly skin.

"Do you have any treasures, Enyo?" she asked once she came to a halt, tilting the head in the direction of the girl a gesture of honest curiosity.

DANCING IN DARKNESS
to the sound of a drum

@Enyo

~| Use of magic and violence is always permitted |~
~| Please only tag in opening posts |~

Messages In This Thread
Total sum of void - by Erthë - 03-30-2016, 05:53 PM
RE: Total sum of void - by Enyo - 04-02-2016, 10:37 AM
RE: Total sum of void - by Erthë - 04-02-2016, 11:34 AM
RE: Total sum of void - by Enyo - 04-10-2016, 02:27 PM
RE: Total sum of void - by Erthë - 04-11-2016, 02:12 PM
RE: Total sum of void - by Enyo - 04-16-2016, 11:10 AM