the Rift

[PRIVATE] Guilt: the gift that keeps giving

Rexanna Posts: 499
World's Edge Mare atk: 4.5 | def: 8.0 | dam: 5.5
Mare :: Unicorn :: 15hh :: 7 years HP: 61.5 | Buff: NOVICE
Marembo :: Marbled Polecat :: None Skylark
Rexanna’s eyes stuck to the companion in a bit of happiness, knowing that Tembovu had gotten some sort of happiness that she couldn’t take away. However, before she could spare another glance and broken smile to the elephant, she felt a tug at her mane – the Elephant King, roping her in, melting her to his side like they had always been. A puzzle piece, one that fit ever so perfectly and still so dangerously. She flinched at the rough momentum, fearing the memory of the scar that was so vividly fresh within her mind. And yet, when she felt his neck wrap around hers, almost as if he was cradling her, she melted into his embrace like she always had. He answered her, giving her the knowledge of the small elephants name, and she nuzzled her face into him briefly unsure of how to really respond.

Thankfully, she didn’t have to respond, as the small elephant screamed melodies with her long trunk – grasping Rexanna’s attention in a swift moment. Her head jutted toward her, looking past her to the marbled cracking golden egg. Her eyes widened as she felt Tembovu’s body stiffen. And as he moved, she realized how much she had desperately missed his caresses. There wasn’t time to dwell on it. “Rex, go. I can’t tie another to me… I can’t” She froze, then. Staring at this hatching golden egg – reminding herself of Rein and the instability of her already small family. Afraid to see what would come of it if she were to have a companion as well. She took a shaky step toward the egg as Tembovu pushed her. Slowly stepping toward it, she let her blue gaze fall on the egg as the cracks grew more prominent.

And then she turned to look at the Elephant King with a deep sadness within her brow. She shook her head, tears bubbling once again. “I – I can’t Temb. Not now… It’s not the right time.” She shook her head again, turning to look back at the egg. “I can barely take care of Rein anymore. I’m scared I can’t protect him against the ghost of my past.” Her voice cracked as she tried to force her eyes away from it, but she couldn’t. Images began to flash into her mind of the egg and she tried to force them out. “I’m terrified I won’t be able to care for it either.” She turned from it then, letting her gaze seek desperately for the King’s.

Look at me. I can barely take care of myself anymore. Let alone Rein and a companion.” She huffed, anger beginning to overcome her from the fears the Bloody Prince had dwelled within her. “What if he finds it? What will he do to it?” She whispered, eyes casting down to the ground before a pull from the egg made her body twitch. Craning her neck to look back at the egg, she watched as a large piece of it fell away – revealing a gold and black weasel looking creature. It gazed up at her with bright yet beady eyes, and she began to feel extremely overwhelmed. Tears brimmed on the edge of spilling over as she began to move more toward the creature that looked to her like she was the only thing that mattered. “Why does it look like me?” Her voice broke as tears fell, lowering her head to the small creature. It reached up with its little nose, brushing by the center of her muzzle in a form of comfort – almost as if he knew how terrified she was, but still believed she could be his.

"Talk."
And my love is yours, but your love’s not mine
so I’ll go—
—but we know I’ll see you down the line.

@Tembovu
[Image: lovelyskylark.gif?8]
Permission given for moderate power play.
Feel free to use magic/force on Rexanna, without killing her.
Please tag in every post!

Messages In This Thread
Guilt: the gift that keeps giving - by Tembovu - 03-31-2016, 12:29 AM
RE: Guilt: the gift that keeps giving - by Rexanna - 04-11-2016, 10:07 PM