the Rift

[PRIVATE] Guilt: the gift that keeps giving

Rexanna Posts: 499
World's Edge Mare atk: 4.5 | def: 8.0 | dam: 5.5
Mare :: Unicorn :: 15hh :: 7 years HP: 61.5 | Buff: NOVICE
Marembo :: Marbled Polecat :: None Skylark
His touch had always reminded her of what they used to be. The warmth, care, intent, that lined each little hair on his nose as it grazed her face seemed as though they felt full of memories – both good and bad, but of the two of them together. Somehow, despite the terrible choices she had made in the past with the Elephant King, she had begun to realize that perhaps it was a lesson. Cal had returned, striking her with a fear she hadn’t felt in years. She had hoped that coming here, no one would know who she was or where she came from – especially as the queen that she would never become. Helovia had given her choices, ladders to climb upon, a name to make of herself. And even though she had been here longer than Tembovu – the stallion was ambitious, righteous, and caring. Many of the qualities that the Thief believed she lacked. Perhaps that’s what made her gravitate toward him so badly. Despite being hopelessly in love with him and afraid to admit it (even to herself) he completed her. Where she was lithe and agile, Tembovu was hardened and bulky; where he chose to lay his heart out in the open, she chose to break them instead.

Yet she couldn’t bear the thought of breaking his heart once more. After everything that had happened – after Rein, after the reunion with Calstron, Rexanna had learned the lesson that the Elephant King himself spoke of when she confessed her crimes against his love. “When you find something right, something good,  something precious, then you hold on to it. You fight for it. You treasure it. There is not enough time- not nearly enough time- to spend with loved ones during this life, however long it may be. So when you find someone you love, you do not test that love. You do not threaten it. You spend every possible moment simply loving them.” And how true was it now? She had found something good great, something so precious to her, and she chose to toss it away like a used rag. Despite the heartache she felt, she hadn’t treasured it as much as she should have. Regret was worn across her face – but not for the reasons that she had tried to speak of prior. She wore the regret for not believing in their love the way that he had. The thoughts dwelled on her as his voice reached her ears delicately and deliberately. The polecat eyed the stallion with eyes that portrayed the mare’s feelings. As if she weren’t already an open book for him. He gazed at Tembovu with eyes that seemed to show that despite what she said and what she did, he was the last one she thought about before she slept every night; he was the first one she thought of in the morning when she woke up.

And the polecat wasn’t wrong.

Marembo. A strong name, but sharp enough for your nimble companion.” Rexanna’s cerulean gaze trailed back to his as she melted at his touch, drinking in his words. The polecat’s ears danced in a flurry as if he accepted the name, puffing out his chest with the faintest of smiles on his lips. “Marembo it is.” She spoke gently, feeling the happiness and warmth envelope her from her brand new connection. The faintest smile grew on her own lips as well. “He likes it.” She spoke again gently, eyes drifting away from him as the conversation turned darker. As he took in what she had said about Cal, she refused to see what physical changes he would endure. Suddenly, she felt his broad warm muzzle caress her scar. She would have flinched if not for the fact that she knew that it was him this time. And so she stood strong, her head swinging around to brush her exotic striped face against his as his lips trailed the scar with tenderness and care.

Rexanna, come with me, I can keep you safe in the Edge.” He spoke once again, the low rumble of his voice as it grazed across the tender hairs of her ears. She remembered the memory of her confession to him – remembering how she had turned him down so many times, and it seemed to weigh on her. She was silent for a moment, her gaze lingering on his stripes that lined his back and the broad stripe across his barrel. Wondering what would become of the Thief that left the Basin without a notice, joining the Edge to be side by side with Tembovu. Seconds passed before she tensed with the realization that she had forgotten all about Rein in this troublesome adventure. A small frown crossed her lips and her ears flickered back with worry, pulling her head away from him to look away again. Marembo’s tiny fingers danced around each of the chains, looking down at the glinting colors as they shifted with the light. He was just as deeply in thought as she was, the connection between them pulling him into an almost distressed state. He looked up, then, to Tembovu before placing a tiny paw on Rexanna’s ear. He patted it ever so gently, as if it was the okay that Rexanna needed from her thoughts.

She searched for Tembovu’s gaze, then. Hoping to lock hers with his sapphires. “The only place I know anymore that’s safe is by your side.” She admitted, shifting her weight slightly. “But I would need to figure out how to protect Rein from being so far away from him… I don’t know what I’d do with myself if Cal got to him.” Another frown crossing her muzzle, yet with Marembo’s patting encouragement, she cleared her throat to continue. “I don’t want you to think that I’m denying you again. If it’s not too much of a problem, I would love to visit and see how I’d fit in? Is that alright?” Her eyes sought his, hope blossoming behind the wall of sadness that had overcome them previously. Marembo sat upright, pleased with the point that his bonded had gotten across, stared expectantly at the Elephant King – almost as if he dared him to be upset with that answer.

"Talk."
And my love is yours, but your love’s not mine
so I’ll go—
—but we know I’ll see you down the line.

@Tembovu I'M GETTING EMOTIONAL HERE
[Image: lovelyskylark.gif?8]
Permission given for moderate power play.
Feel free to use magic/force on Rexanna, without killing her.
Please tag in every post!

Messages In This Thread
Guilt: the gift that keeps giving - by Tembovu - 03-31-2016, 12:29 AM
RE: Guilt: the gift that keeps giving - by Rexanna - 04-20-2016, 11:52 PM