[PRIVATE] Guilt: the gift that keeps giving

Tembovu the Elephant Posts: 805
World's Edge Captain atk: 7 | def: 9.0 | dam: 7.5
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 18hh :: 10 HP: 77 | Buff: SWIFT
Mbwene :: African Elephant :: Ashen smitty
rexanna & tembovu
But please remember me, my misery;
and how it lost me all I wanted —
He had thought, as her gaze had avoided his own and a frown had marred the gaunt (but still beautiful) face, that she had been searching for a way to soften the blow; to soften her denial. He had been expecting to be denied— another ‘no’ from the siren, as she had refused him so many times before. Rexanna had always softened her rejections with whispers of love and promises of passion. But now— now there were no whispers, only a simple proclamation, “The only place I know anymore that’s safe is by your side.” While he had felt the open, honest gaze of Marembo on his face, his own navy eyes had sight only for the bright, cerulean depths of Rexanna. Despite her shifting weight, a traitorous, buoyant light had expanded in the depths of his barrel; this was not a rejection passing from her pale, seducing lips.

“I would need to figure out how to protect Rein.” And, with just the name, the light collapsed. She had a son with another man— a man she loved? His ears swept backwards at the thought, and she lost his navy eyes to the the marbled gold pieces of eggshell. He studied the jagged edges, even as she continued to speak— words of appeasement. She would visit? Was that to ease her eventual, imminent refusal? Did her heart belong to the Basin, to her child’s father? Navy eyes traced the gilded edges harshly— so sharp they could cut.

He had not realized that his breaths had grown shallow, as the realizations had tumbled in his massive skull. His mind had been wiped blank of everything but her pain and fear just moments before— but now circumstance came crashing in, coloring the present with reality. She had Rein, a life; he had Elsa, his Queen— a woman already once betrayed by her lover, would he do it as well? Was this a betrayal, when he did not hold the Thief’s heart?

Shallow breaths turn into a long, low one. “I would protect Rein,” he said, quietly. Because he was a child, a son of the woman who had once given him so much. “The Basin and the Edge are allied, now. You are welcome to visit the Edge whenever you’d like, Rexanna,” her full name felt strange on his tongue, now— almost impersonal. His mouth opened again— but closed, as he wasn't sure what more he could say; wasn’t sure how to say…

“But do not feel you need to visit to appease me. Stay in the Basin, with your son— and his father— if you wish,” his quiet words fell on the sharp edges the shattered shell.
My dear, but if I make the Pearly Gates
I’ll do my best to make a drawing of God and Lucifer,
a boy and girl,
An angel kissin’ on a sinner.
image | table

@Rexanna GDI TEMBO.

Please tag Tembovu.

Messages In This Thread
Guilt: the gift that keeps giving - by Tembovu - 03-31-2016, 12:29 AM
RE: Guilt: the gift that keeps giving - by Tembovu - 04-28-2016, 09:05 AM