the Rift

[PRIVATE] It's the storm that I believe in

Tembovu the Elephant Posts: 805
World's Edge Captain atk: 7 | def: 9.0 | dam: 7.5
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 18hh :: 10 HP: 77 | Buff: SWIFT
Mbwene :: African Elephant :: Ashen smitty
Tembovu & Mbwene
A grin crinkled the corners of his navy eyes as she voiced her childhood nickname for him, despite her leggy yearling body betraying the receding of her youth. It warmed his chest, despite the shadows and conflicted emotions that warred there— it was a relief. Unknowingly, a soft sigh push out his dark nostrils as she spoke.

Though his black brows swept up as she proclaimed the Edge to be boring, “I can’t say that I’ve found the Edge ‘boring,’ Erthe. Though, I suppose there haven’t been many foals for you to be with; but,” he paused, thinking, “Nyx just brought two fillies into the Edge. Perhaps that will make it less dull?” His head cocked to the side, slightly, wondering if younger foals would really be diverting to the energetic Erthe. Perhaps not…

His lips opened to offer another distraction from boredom for the hybrid yearling, but quickly closed them as she continued to speak, revealing that she had a brother. His brows raised further at the bitter and angry flash in her eyes, challenging question rammed through the air at him.

Mbwene, feeling the surprise and loosing the attention of the cold, velveteen yearling, huffed softly, wrapping her trunk gently around her crooked, white foreleg. Gently the tip of her trunk traced the uneven lines of bones beneath the surface, but she remained quiet as the winged, little equid addressed her big bonded.

Tembovu remained silent during the blind assault of Erthe’s words. Only a single backward tilt of his ear betrayed the discontent that suddenly rushed through him at accosting words. A long, contemplative silence held after her tirade, dark eyes studying her even as he lost her eyes. “No, I do not think it is fair,” he finally spoke, “But do you tell your parents everything?” A brow raise slightly as he asked this question, pausing for an answer.

“While I do not advocate keeping secrets, Erthe, I cannot speak for your Mother or Father. Perhaps they had fair reasons for it… Perhaps some understanding is needed,” his low voice ended quietly, closely watching the yearling for her reaction.

I have NO idea when this is set in his timeline, so I had him know about Nyx's foals but not his own? I don't know.

Please tag Tembovu.

Messages In This Thread
It's the storm that I believe in - by Erthë - 03-31-2016, 01:03 PM
RE: It's the storm that I believe in - by Tembovu - 04-07-2016, 06:59 PM
RE: It's the storm that I believe in - by Erthë - 04-07-2016, 07:45 PM
RE: It's the storm that I believe in - by Tembovu - 04-14-2016, 11:13 AM
RE: It's the storm that I believe in - by Erthë - 04-19-2016, 09:16 AM
RE: It's the storm that I believe in - by Tembovu - 04-27-2016, 07:58 AM
RE: It's the storm that I believe in - by Erthë - 04-27-2016, 10:02 AM
RE: It's the storm that I believe in - by Tembovu - 05-02-2016, 09:14 PM
RE: It's the storm that I believe in - by Erthë - 05-15-2016, 08:46 PM
RE: It's the storm that I believe in - by Tembovu - 05-26-2016, 10:55 PM