the Rift

[OPEN] the more you run, the more you feel undefined

Roux Posts: 57
Outcast atk: 5 | def: 7.5 | dam: 4.5
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 16.1 :: 5 :: Orangemoon HP: 62.5 | Buff: NOVICE
Edison :: Red Kite :: Rage Semper

I couldn't help but to postpone the return to the frozen grasp of the beautiful Basin just a little bit longer. Even though I loved the cold and the way her harsh, bony fingers brushed through my thick winter coat, I couldn't seem to drag myself back to the horse-high snow drifts and the dark caves that called out like a long lost lover. She would have to wait a bit longer as I mulled lazily about the snow laden Meadow. During the spring the region would be colored wonderfully in a shade of violet so bright that even I could almost make it out in the moonlight. Tonight though, the bright light of the moon shone off of a blanket of thick snow, the glow from the light a little disorienting to my monochromatic eyes but still better than the darkness I normally suffered through when the sun was at his peak.

Irritation rolled off of the red kite, who was circling overhead, in waves. Edison had been looking forward to being back in the Basin, back in the safety of a herd where he wouldn't feel the need to keep a watchful eye on me anymore. But once again, I had changed the plans up on him by lolly gagging here. I almost reached out to the bird of prey, planning on offering him encouraging words that we would head back within the next few days and he could stop being a moody asshole, but I was caught off guard by the arrival of a female sky rat. Moon eyes flicked in the direction of the moon lit mare, resting easily on her folded wings for a moment before settling upon her finely sculpted features.

The avian moved from the sky to light upon my withers where he peered around my tangled locks to rest beady eyes on the mare, who through his eyes I now knew to be gold and silver. A beautiful combination if only she didn't have those feathered appendages sprouting from her shoulders. Clearing my throat I shifted my weight slightly so I would be standing and facing the strange mare. "Hello stranger." My voice gruff with the lack of usage. The last time I had actually spoken up was to Ranjiri a couple nights ago, since then I hadn't ran into a soul worthy of speaking to. Even now, I wasn't sure why I felt the need to speak to the golden rat who stood before me.

"Talk?"
roux
of all the things you could pick to be
you sure look like a bitch to me
sorry he's a dick in his own mind.
@Riel
image credits
Now waking to the sun
I calculate what I had done
Like jumping from the bow
Just to prove that I knew how
</style>
pixel by nikkayla

Messages In This Thread
RE: the more you run, the more you feel undefined - by Roux - 03-31-2016, 07:36 PM