the Rift

stardust calling

Vu Posts: 28
Outcast
Mare :: Equine :: 14.3 :: 3 (Orangemoon)
Istina

The ground quakes at the entrance of another, perhaps this unseen danger will at last bother? Inwardly I applaud but chastise myself for the childish rhyme of my thoughts; to all who may observe my features remain sculpted of stone serenity. In truth the earth does not shake, rattle or warn; the forest though whispers to itself, the sounds of flesh rubbing past sticks and leaves, feet crushing their fallen kin. Eavesdropping on the sounds, I now sense the soft tread of two..No peace this night. Thoughts turn to peer inside my own brain as azure eyes carefully watch the edges of the clearing as well as my newfound companion—no, stranger. Branches part, kissing the hide of another silvered beast as he enters, a single horn upon his head capturing my attention.

Neutrality prevails over all, my mask of mistaken indifference once more wedged firmly in place, as I force my eyes to meet his own. I am familiar with unicorns, though where I was birthed and raised at first, they were something of an oddity; rare and rather unwelcoming to any lacking a horn. His kind demeanor leaves me somewhat puzzled because of this and for a moment I find myself intimidated by this larger structure. Cordial words ring out and I visibly start when my eyes finally descend to see the form of the one deemed Kiara. Nostrils flaring slightly, a predator with prey? My surprise at her being there is one of my own making; too entranced that a horned-beast would deign to speak with me I failed to notice his companion. In my homeland (that I’ve come to view as much more primitive) such a friendship never occurred, all predators lumped into the same failing category and thusly avoided. An awkward silence on my part lapses and I, finally, speak. ”Good evening to you both.”

A rustling overhead cuts my tongue off as the forest speaks it protests and a reddened figure crashes to earth beside me. Eyes widen, ”it cannot be,” words whispered on the slightest of breath leak out. Charcoal lips part in equal parts elation and shock. Rift..?” Hazy memories swim to the surface, has it really been so long since I last saw him? The view in my mind’s eye does not do his form justice but confirms it can be no other and emotions long suppressed spring to life. My name greets my eager ears, his breath tickling my skin as he continues to speak. The moment is cushioned, separate from the rest and truthfully for just this minute I forget there are strangers in our midst. Charcoal lips pull back into a genuine smile, nothing but sheer happiness shining from it. As he notices the others, realization hits me too and I turn my face into his shoulder in time with his crimson wing folding over me.

My elation becomes dampened though wild emotions still swirl within; my voice unable to mask all of it. ”Ah, yes, I believe I have.” I look back onto the spectators for our reunion and as I speak, the familiar neutrality drops back into its needed place. ”A thief…an interesting note considering you warned me against resting here.” My tone conveys only curiosity as a distant bell in my mind rings with the first of the rules; Truth above all else. Having no idea of the mare’s past or present; I simply shrug and turn my focus to encompass the entirety of our group. Rift addresses me once more and I soak in his voice; afraid this is still all a dream. ”Helovia? I should very much like to more about the lands you call home, dear brother, but first may I ask what it is you three seek?” Features soften at my brother’s ministrations giving my question a welcoming varnish as I cast my gaze about relaxing under his wing until cerulean eyes once more land upon the tigress. Curiosity burns bright.

"speech"

OOC:  <3

-All magic and force are permitted barring serious injury and/or death-
-Powerplay outside of fighting is permitted-
-Please tag in all replies-

Messages In This Thread
stardust calling - by Vu - 04-01-2016, 07:42 PM
RE: stardust calling - by Colt - 04-02-2016, 12:57 AM
RE: stardust calling - by Vu - 04-02-2016, 01:37 PM
RE: stardust calling - by Ciceron - 04-02-2016, 09:12 PM
RE: stardust calling - by Rift - 04-04-2016, 02:05 PM
RE: stardust calling - by Vu - 04-04-2016, 04:47 PM