the Rift

Chilled to the bone (Closed)

Tamira Posts: 60
Deceased
Mare :: Equine :: 15.2 hh :: 6 (ages in Orangemoon)
RayoDeSoleil

When I opened my eyes, the first thing I noticed was that it was late. Why I had awoken, I was not sure, but somewhere deep in my subconscious, nervousness stirred. My dreams never lingered for long, leaving behind only fleeting emotions and paranoia. Who knows what I say or do in my sleep? I shook my head, sending cream-colored locks flying; bracing my front legs in the sand, I lunged to my feet. Surprisingly, perhaps, this rather ungraceful movement was silent; none in my immediate vicinity moved. I did not often sleep lying down, as I preferred the easy flight of a standing nap, but on this chilly Frostfall night, lying down had proven slightly warmer. The sand had held the heat of the sun, and although it was not warm, neither was it cold. It had been welcomed when I first lowered my bodice to the grains, but with the disappearance of the daily orb, the warmth, too, had left.

Perhaps this was what had awoken me, along with a sudden assault of a winter wind. I shivered, suddenly awake. A blast of cold will do that to a fae. Now that I was awake, I looked around me, seeking another's company. Something about this cold night made me want a friend to spend it with. I knew that the morning hours would be easier, and somewhat warmer; however, I also knew that there were many long hours until dawn yet, and I could not quite shake my unease.

A movement at the edge of the watering hole caught my eye, and I found myself moving eagerly toward my herdmate. As I approached, I spotted familiar wings, ebony- and pearl-splotched body, and those telltale golden orbs. A smile crossed my maw. Midas. He had been very kind when he had first brought me to the Throat, and should he desire to stay up, he would be good company for what would otherwise be a lonely night. As I approached, I nickered softly; not enough to wake anyone else, but an easily heard sound nonetheless. It was more polite to alert him to my presence. Alongside him now, I dipped my own maw into the cool liquid, savoring the cold taste even as it sent shivers through my bodice once more. It was one thing to be outwardly cold, and another to let the chills inside. "I see I am not the only one who cannot sleep," I murmured, now stretching my neck to give a friendly nudge to my friend's shoulder.

[W/C | 423]

Messages In This Thread
Chilled to the bone (Closed) - by Midas - 10-14-2012, 04:35 PM
RE: Chilled to the bone (Open) - by Tamira - 10-23-2012, 05:30 PM
RE: Chilled to the bone (Open) - by Midas - 10-24-2012, 05:36 PM
RE: Chilled to the bone (Open) - by Tamira - 10-26-2012, 07:27 PM
RE: Chilled to the bone (Open) - by Midas - 10-31-2012, 09:45 AM
RE: Chilled to the bone (Open) - by Tamira - 11-05-2012, 12:15 AM
RE: Chilled to the bone (Open) - by Midas - 11-08-2012, 04:52 PM
RE: Chilled to the bone (Open) - by Tamira - 11-12-2012, 01:18 AM
RE: Chilled to the bone (Open) - by Midas - 11-14-2012, 07:53 PM
RE: Chilled to the bone (Open) - by Tamira - 11-17-2012, 04:33 PM