the Rift

Chilled to the bone (Closed)

Tamira Posts: 60
Deceased
Mare :: Equine :: 15.2 hh :: 6 (ages in Orangemoon)
RayoDeSoleil

I was not surprised to hear tell of a battle; whispers had, of course, been circulating since it had been fought. I was not one to condone violence, but I was glad to know that we had not lost any in the fighting. I had not even paid close attention to the reasons the invasion of another herd's home; had they done something bad? Or perhaps an outcast band had simply become power hungry? In any case, I was surprised that they had been so easily expelled, with no loss of life on the side of the invaders. I was glad to see that Midas seemed relatively unhurt, and just as kind and confident as ever. It was a welcome personality, and his was a friendship that I cherished, though it had only recently bloomed.

I smiled. "I do hope so," I told him in response to a comment regarding Onni's willingness to train me. As he assured me that I could ask him any question, my thoughts drifted to the secret that I still kept close. What would he say if I were to tell him of my affliction? Would he have an answer, a cure? Or would he regard me with the same horror as all the others have, then cast me out? It was a risk that I did not care to take, though in my heart I knew that I should. Someone would find out, sooner or later, and I was rather inclined to think it would be sooner. I hadn't had a blackout in days, which was rather unusual. It was a constant fear in the back of my mind, which is why it had emerged so easily now.

Another question. "I haven't been able to meet as many as I should," I admitted sheepishly. "I am not the most social of mares, I'm afraid. I'm rather shy." My lashes lowered over chocolate orbs as I studied the ground demurely. I knew that I should have introduced myself, been more outgoing. Surely the herd had seen me by now, but they hadn't gotten the chance to know me, which was my own fault, of course. But why should I get to know them, when I knew full well that they would banish me once I had a fit in the coming days. They would not stay away forever, and with the next one, I would surely not be allowed to stay... would I?

[W/C | 408]

Messages In This Thread
Chilled to the bone (Closed) - by Midas - 10-14-2012, 04:35 PM
RE: Chilled to the bone (Open) - by Tamira - 10-23-2012, 05:30 PM
RE: Chilled to the bone (Open) - by Midas - 10-24-2012, 05:36 PM
RE: Chilled to the bone (Open) - by Tamira - 10-26-2012, 07:27 PM
RE: Chilled to the bone (Open) - by Midas - 10-31-2012, 09:45 AM
RE: Chilled to the bone (Open) - by Tamira - 11-05-2012, 12:15 AM
RE: Chilled to the bone (Open) - by Midas - 11-08-2012, 04:52 PM
RE: Chilled to the bone (Open) - by Tamira - 11-12-2012, 01:18 AM
RE: Chilled to the bone (Open) - by Midas - 11-14-2012, 07:53 PM
RE: Chilled to the bone (Open) - by Tamira - 11-17-2012, 04:33 PM