the Rift

Chilled to the bone (Closed)

Tamira Posts: 60
Deceased
Mare :: Equine :: 15.2 hh :: 6 (ages in Orangemoon)
RayoDeSoleil

"To be honest, I actually know very little about the art of healing, Tamira. I’ve never had to be nursed by one before."

I smiled, and I knew that my expression mirrored his in softness. "You are lucky, then," I told him, my vocals sweet as I touched my muzzle to his shoulder. He was indeed lucky. He was strong, a natural leader, and skilled in the things he knew. I counted myself lucky to consider him my friend, perhaps my only true friend here. A thought occurred to me, and I added quickly, "Or perhaps just very skilled." After all, it couldn't be luck that he had jumped through the ranks to become a general. He must be very good at everything included in his position - though I knew very little of all that.

But I did find myself considering what all he would have to give up to retain his rank. After all, it would be very different from the life of a simple trainee, as I would surely become. I would be reliant on my senior, Onni, and perhaps some of the more advanced medics-in-training. But for Midas, he was that senior that everyone else would rely on. He was in charge, he was the problem solver. So what kind of free time would he have? Midnight meetings at the watering hole such as this? Freedom that only came when he lacked the ability to sleep? Perhaps not - after all, I hadn't been here long, so I supposed I hadn't seen all there was to see. But if that was his life, I admit, I didn't envy him at all.

Then again, he seemed content, or as content as any in that position. "It seems that our respective talents and skills will be rather complimentary, once I gain mine," I joked quietly, my eyes sparkling with fondness. My former confusion was gone, for now, as I forged onward in our conversation. Perhaps this was all I needed: a calming influence, one to reassure me, even if he didn't know the full truth. "But for now, I'm afraid that you are much more interesting than I." The smile was once again upon my maw, and it was a smile of camaraderie and friendship. I rather liked our General.

[W/C | 383]

Messages In This Thread
Chilled to the bone (Closed) - by Midas - 10-14-2012, 04:35 PM
RE: Chilled to the bone (Open) - by Tamira - 10-23-2012, 05:30 PM
RE: Chilled to the bone (Open) - by Midas - 10-24-2012, 05:36 PM
RE: Chilled to the bone (Open) - by Tamira - 10-26-2012, 07:27 PM
RE: Chilled to the bone (Open) - by Midas - 10-31-2012, 09:45 AM
RE: Chilled to the bone (Open) - by Tamira - 11-05-2012, 12:15 AM
RE: Chilled to the bone (Open) - by Midas - 11-08-2012, 04:52 PM
RE: Chilled to the bone (Open) - by Tamira - 11-12-2012, 01:18 AM
RE: Chilled to the bone (Open) - by Midas - 11-14-2012, 07:53 PM
RE: Chilled to the bone (Open) - by Tamira - 11-17-2012, 04:33 PM