the Rift

[PRIVATE] children of the wild

Sabre Posts: 21
Outcast
Mare :: Equine :: 16.1 :: 3 years
Cutlass :: Royal Gold Dragon :: Fire Breath Reli
show me how defenseless you really are.
“She’s asleep!”

I whisper excitedly, my eyes snapping between brother and the silhouetted mass of Ma’s silent figure. It’s well into dusk by now, the trees’ shadows stretching long and stark across the ground, still patched with snow from winter, while the sun’s waning rays filter through the boughs in hazy shafts of light. A beam falls across part of my face. I can feel its gentle heat as it highlights the yellow glow of my eyes, alight with the adrenaline that has already begun to seep into my blood. My skin prickles with the impending sense of trouble, of recklessness, and I nearly lose myself to the deliciously naughty excitement.

But I can’t give ourselves away, not now—not when we have come so close to freedom. All the same, I wouldn’t be myself without at least a little bit of foolish unruliness, now would I? I just can’t help myself. Looking to brother, I let slip a sly grin, the mischief threading into every line of my macabre-marked face. “I’ll race you,” a dare is set heavily into my hushed voice, and my smile deepens, “Just don’t wake her.” I gesture to Ma, thrilled by the danger and recklessness of the challenge.

I am sure that brother will cooperate; I know he can’t resist a dare like this, not when his pride is pushed and prodded. Oh, what fun we will have tonight! I raise a brow, widening my stance and wiggling my butt tauntingly. Come play with me, my eyes say to him, and I am sure that I won’t be disappointed.

And then I’m off!—little hooves thrusting me forward with a throaty grunt, cold dirt and grass flying up in my wake. Young and lanky muscles bunch beneath my skin, pulling and pushing me forward. My hooves stomp against the frozen ground—I am anything but graceful—and I lower my head as I charge, ears slicking back against the crest of my neck. So focused am I on the brunt of my stride, that I nearly run myself straight into a tree! Without agility on my side, I throw myself sideways, growling when my hip grazes the rough bark.

I’m pretty sure I can hear brother at this point, but I can’t see him—is he behind me? Beside me? Did that little bastard manage to get in front of me? Tossing my head with an overly dramatic a fearsome snort, I charge forward with a burst of strength. I may love him or whatever, but I definitely don’t want his haughty butt rubbing his victory in my face!

notes; SO EXCITED!!!<3
“Speech.”
You’re so cold,
but you feel alive—
lay your hand on me one last time.
@Kid @Violet @Caine | image credits
JOIN THE EMPIRE

[Image: pixel_i__sabre_by_xxcloudscollide_d9z9zr...9zbmnl.gif]
please tag Sabre in all replies!
magic & force is permitted, excluding death or permanent injury.

Messages In This Thread
children of the wild - by Sabre - 04-05-2016, 09:02 PM
RE: children of the wild - by Kid - 04-05-2016, 10:54 PM