the Rift

[OPEN] Spring Maladies

Hera Posts: 50
Outcast
Filly :: Unicorn :: 17.1 :: 3 Months
nickel
THE SUN DOES NOT ABANDON THE MOON TO DARKNESS

The weight of the words was nearly enough to break the painted filly but out of some miracle she held on for the great unknown. A world of many changes yet to come that were all going to be huge leaps for the lost soul to overcome. Nothing could prepare her for a life without her family but the idea of having friends might be able to soothe the pain even a little bit. With no father in her life and a mother that was gone the world was a big and scary place for a youngster to navigate.

Eventually she would get through it, or at least give it her best shot.

With her eyes to the ground and her mind a tornado of emotion it wasn't until she felt the gentle warmth against her skin did she realize someone was hugging her. Lifting her head to see the white filly, she allowed her to stay and comfort her. It had been so long since she had recieved a touch so kind and caring but why did she care about her? They barely knew each other, not that it mattered anyway for she knew nobody. Leaning gently into her soft touch a muffled sob broke from her chest that she had not been expecting. Why was it at the touch of another so much emotion could just break down the walls and spill forth for the world to see?

"My mother is gone too. She died... It was almost a year ago but I miss her ever day." The words sunk in deeply to her already vulnerable mind making her see the reason that this girl cared. She too had gone through something similar. Instantly she felt selfish for not being able to control her own grief when others could do so without ever showing the world. Pawing away the tears she drew herself further into the gentle embrace. "Died means gone don't it? " She asked gently wanting to confirm what she had heard from others.

Before this she had never really known what death was but she had heard others use the term including when they spoke of her mother. Didn't they mean the same thing?

Allowing the girl now known to her as Erthë to pull back slightly she finally managed to pull her bi-coloured eyes from the mud. "My mama called me Hera."

WORDS: ### || TAGGED: Erthë
Notes go here!

[Image: hera_by_bronzehalo_d9gff4d_by_moonstone_...9ggy0h.png]
Please Tag Me In All Threads

Messages In This Thread
Spring Maladies - by Hera - 04-06-2016, 09:04 PM
RE: Spring Maladies - by Erthë - 04-06-2016, 09:33 PM
RE: Spring Maladies - by Hera - 04-06-2016, 10:14 PM
RE: Spring Maladies - by Erthë - 04-07-2016, 01:59 PM
RE: Spring Maladies - by Hera - 04-07-2016, 07:38 PM
RE: Spring Maladies - by Erthë - 04-07-2016, 08:14 PM
RE: Spring Maladies - by Hera - 04-07-2016, 09:16 PM