the Rift

[OPEN] Spring Maladies

Hera Posts: 50
Outcast
Filly :: Unicorn :: 17.1 :: 3 Months
nickel
THE SUN DOES NOT ABANDON THE MOON TO DARKNESS

Surprise flickered across the filly's face at the proposition of a job. Didn't only grown-ups have jobs? Still non the less she wanted a job! What was a job? Was it hard? Was it the same as a task? Sometimes she hated being so young for she did not know a whole lotta things, but she was learning slowly. Temby had mentioned something about different jobs at one point or another but what had he said again? Something about someone who made stuff, people that protected the herd and thats about all she remembered about that rather boring conversation. Maybe next time she should learn to pay attention to the full conversation instead of only picking out pieces that sounded interesting.

"I want a job!" She announced completely thrilled with the idea. "But what's a seer?" Did they see things or something? It was a rather odd title but maybe it was something fun. Listening intently as Erthe explained her task a frown furrowed her brow. How was she supposed to find them if she didn't know who they were? It wasn't like anyone around here wore name tags. "What's the Mist Watch? How do I find Uncle Mauja and Aunt Nyx?"

She tried to imagine what either of them would look like but came up blank. There had been so many other equine at the meeting but she had been to far away to really hear anything that they had talked about. So how should she know their names? Would she just have to go around talking to everyone? If she called them her aunt and uncle should she start calling Temby her daddy? So many questions burned through her mind but she only managed to vocalize a few select ones. At least the distraction had made her forget about her mother for a little bit, well until Erthe mentioned it again.

"Mama isn't coming back. I can feel it." She said softly shaking her head and trying to push away the thoughts. Go back to her job, what else could she do? Bringing people home would be a bit of a challenge considering she literally got lost walking out into the meadow. How was she supposed to find the threshold place and show people a way back here? Plus her memories of that place were scary, she didn't want to relive those memories all over again. "How would I know if they dangerous?"

WORDS: ### || TAGGED: Erthe
Notes go here!

[Image: hera_by_bronzehalo_d9gff4d_by_moonstone_...9ggy0h.png]
Please Tag Me In All Threads

Messages In This Thread
Spring Maladies - by Hera - 04-06-2016, 09:04 PM
RE: Spring Maladies - by Erthë - 04-06-2016, 09:33 PM
RE: Spring Maladies - by Hera - 04-06-2016, 10:14 PM
RE: Spring Maladies - by Erthë - 04-07-2016, 01:59 PM
RE: Spring Maladies - by Hera - 04-07-2016, 07:38 PM
RE: Spring Maladies - by Erthë - 04-07-2016, 08:14 PM
RE: Spring Maladies - by Hera - 04-07-2016, 09:16 PM