the Rift

[OPEN] Spring Maladies

Erthë Posts: 440
Outcast atk: 5.5 | def: 8.5 | dam: 5.5
Filly :: Hybrid :: 14,2 hh :: 3 years HP: 64.5 | Buff: NOVICE
Chan

Her tactics of distraction sort of worked, because the kid definitely seemed to like the idea of a task. But along with the enthusiasm came a barrage of questions that left Erthë staggering, jaw agape over the simplicity of Hera's confusion. Was the girl dumb? Was she a bit slow, or did she honestly just don't know? Or, a more frightening though, was Erthë the strange one as she never needed instructions in order to complete a request? Thoughts reeled as she stared down at the filly beside her, to a dying mare's last wishes, the difficulty of following such vague instructions, the long felt desire for someone to explain where she was supposed to go, who she ought to talk to...

"If you don't know who they are, you will have to find out" she said, with a little smile. "The Seer is the Moon Goddess' high priest, who communicate with Her by gazing into the mists of the Edge. The current one is named Alune, a big blue stallion with white mane and tail. I help him out, that's what being an assistant means."

She tilted the head thoughtfully as she pondered how to explain the rest, carefully suppressing the stir of impatience that reared an ugly head within her gut - she had figured all this out by observing, by participating and being out and about. Surely her new friend ought to be able to do the same.

"The Mist Watch... I do not know if that is an official name, but that's what I call the ceremony where the Seer talk to the Moon. I was allowed to attend last time, it was amazing! She came to speak with us in the flesh... and She even knew my name."

A warm glow spread through her insides this time, a giddy remembrance of shock and delight and fluttering excitement upon hearing that haunting voice. The way She had spoken Erthë's name, how She remembered the flowers placed on a withering shrine... If the girl hadn't already been infatuated with the goddess it would no doubt have been enough to snatch her heart away then and there.

It was hard to pull herself back from the dreamy reverie those kinds of memories landed her in, all the more now that Erthë was sleep-deprived and weary after a long waking night. The warmth that radiated from the body next to her made her drowsy; suppressing a yawn she went on, unwilling to leave Hera's most important question unanswered - even though there was no definite way of explaining it.

"Well you won't know, really" she said vaguely. "Not right away. You have to watch them for a while, see what they do and how they talk and such. And if they give you a bad feeling in the gut, or they seem mean or rude or way too friendly even though you just met, then you should excuse yourself and get the heck out of there."

She stifled another yawn; the sun was rising higher in the sky with each passing breath, and the dazzling light reflected from the rippling waters of the creek made her eyes sting.

"I met this stallion once who wore a skull over his face... all bones, with antlers and jutting horns and dark sockets. He was blind, had no eyes at all but I swear he could see me anyway! It was creepy, I got out of there as soon as I could."

Shuddering from the memory of the encounter, Erthë carefully disentangled herself from the comradely wing-hug she'd shared with Hera and stretched, limb after limb thoroughly worked through until something in the arcing neck popped and sent a wave of relief tingling down the spine. Feeling that the time for this chat was drawing to a close - mostly because she was too tired to keep her head on straight - she peered back at the younger lass, expecting a definite reply this time.

"So, do you think you can do it? Find Mauja and Nyx, that is, and give them the message? You will need to talk to people in the herd to find out who they are, but I think you will be able to do it. You are smart, after all, and no one pays much attention to foals; as long as you keep your eyes and ears open and pay attention to what people say it shouldn't take you long!"

ERTHË
I think of love but let it pass
It       feels       like         fire    
but it won't last
image credits

@Hera

~| Use of magic and violence is always permitted |~
~| Please only tag in opening posts |~

Messages In This Thread
Spring Maladies - by Hera - 04-06-2016, 09:04 PM
RE: Spring Maladies - by Erthë - 04-06-2016, 09:33 PM
RE: Spring Maladies - by Hera - 04-06-2016, 10:14 PM