[PRIVATE] Evening Sickness

Ki'irha Posts: 176
Outcast atk: 4.5 | def: 9.0 | dam: 6
Mare :: Unicorn :: 15hh :: 5 years old HP: 64.5 | Buff: NOVICE
Noella
[Image: kiirha1_by_littlewillow_art-d9sng8h_zpszhllmi1m.png]

Ki'irha

but in dreams I can hear your name, & in dreams we will meet again

I am awake. At least, I think I am. It is hard to be sure, because I have never seen anything so beautiful.

I stand upon a snow covered field, scarce grasses reaching through the white to caress my legs as I cross over. Above me is the most incredible night sky I have ever laid my eyes upon. It rivals any beauty I have ever been witness to. Deep inky blues and blacks stretch from horizon to horizon, and the stars that imprint the sky are more numerous than the number of souls who have walked this world before me. An arm of a galaxy reaches above me, twinkling into oblivion. It is a moonless night, but the light from the stars is enough to illuminate my path.

I stand still for a moment. I have never known peace like this, nor have I ever felt more tranquil. A calmness has washed over me, and though normally I would be unsettled by the calmness, instead I am relieved. Maybe I have been washed from my sins, and this is what atonement feels like. I cannot condemn the sanctuary I have found in this place. Nothing has ever been more perfect.

A comet streaks overhead, and suddenly a harsh wind blows. The comet disappears as suddenly as it had come, but the wind remains. It stings, and forces my eyes shut. It takes everything to plant my hooves and stay in my place, and any relaxing of my muscles may allow the wind to topple me over. Harder and harder it blows, ripping with icy claws at every nerve that runs through my body, making me want to scream out. But I can't scream, because as soon as I open my mouth, the wind steals the voice from my throat.

Suddenly, it is over. Silence washes over the scape, and though I am afraid to open my eyes, it seems as though peace has fallen over this place again. Is it truth? Is it an illusion? I can no longer tell. Perhaps I am asleep, captured in a dream as vivid as any day I have lived.

Slowly I open my eyes, blinking away the changes in my vision from the force of my shut lids. Once my vision is no longer obscured, I look around. I stand upon ice that looks like glass, its perfect mirror sheen reflecting the heavens. It is as though I am standing on an imaginary plane in the sky, and I am now reattached to the piece of fabric I was cut from. Yet, something is different. The feeling is nagging in my head, telling me something is out of place. Something isn't right. I turn my head, looking behind me, and I notice what is so terribly, inexplicably wrong.

I am swollen with foal. My sides are great curves, larger than any pregnant mare I had ever seen. My back struggles to stay straight as I carry the weight, and I don't know how this happened. Well, certainly I know how foals are made. But not like this. I am so suddenly and largely pregnant. How can that be?

This isn't what I wanted.

Another meteor splits the heavens, drawing my attention away from my devastating realization. It is larger than the last, and I feel as though if I reached high enough, my nose would feel its dusty tail. However, this one does not disappear as the last one does. Far off it impacts the ice, and the force of the hit causes the surface to heave and moan a mighty and eerie cry. The fissure shoots towards me and as I move to escape it, my body betrays me. I am slow and fat, and my legs won't carry me. I feel like I am wading through a pond, and no matter how forcefully I try to move, I can't. The ice splits and the cavernous opening swallows me whole.

I plunge into the freezing waters, my legs flailing as I desperately try to right myself and get my head above water. I kick and claw and try, but I cannot carry this weight. I can't bring myself back to the surface. Still I try and fight, trying to convince the reaper that this day he is wrong. It is not my time. I will not die this day.

Above me, through the crack, a piece of the night sky still shows. The moon now rests above me, and in her wonderful glow, I see she smiles. Whether it is because she awaits my arrival at her gates, or because she is pleased to see my demise, I simply cannot tell.

The cobalt girl woke in a cold sweat. Her breaths came ragged, ears turned and pressed flat into her damp mane. Blue hide quivered as she came back to the living world, though all around her were probably asleep. Around her Birdsong whispered its evening song, calm and genuine. She closed her eyes, slowing her breathing, reminding herself, as a mother does her foal, that it was only a dream. Nothing more, nothing less.

She pulled herself off of the ground, shaking away any remnants of sleep and nightmares that still cling to her. Hooves clattered on the stone floor as she walked to the mouth of her cave. She stood quietly, basking in a ray of moonlight. A sigh slipped from her lips as she tried to calm her nerves. Turning her head, her silver gaze landed upon her side. Her flanks had grown ever so slightly, and between her slow weight gain around the curves of her hips as well as her other symptoms, she knew. It wouldn't be obvious to others, though some may develop their suspicions in the coming days to weeks, but for now she harbored her secret safely. Despite her knowing on how these things happen, she still hoped perhaps that one time would have allowed her to escape unscathed. Her fears rested on so many things. She would be caring for this child alone, as she had no idea where Mesec was, and the chances of running into him again were slim. And he had wings. What if her child had wings? What if they were wore no crowns? What if she was exiled from the Basin for bearing a pegasus?

She shook her head. It was ridiculous to worry about such nonsense. Besides, what had happened was final, and there was no changing that now. She descended from her cave, cloven toes taking care to avoid any loose stones. She was taking more care recently, knowing that her body was now haven to something bigger than her. She wondered how her mother had been during her three pregnancies. The blue girl yearned for her mother, and more so now than ever wished she was still alive a close by to help her through this new stage of her life. Maybe she would seek out a healer, receive advice on herbs and remedies to help her changing body, and rid her of the nausea that came when the sun reached its highest peak in the sky.

She walked aimlessly through the trees, her mind wandering carelessly in its musings. She stopped when she came upon the shore of the lake, looking over the melting ice, taking in the way that the rising moon admired her own reflection in the open pools. Silver eyes looked up at the swollen shape, knowing soon she would bear a similar resemblance. Beside the moon twinkled a vivid star, and again, she sighed.

"I miss you, mother. Just give me a sign." A light breeze ruffled the curls of her mane, but it wasn't enough. Tears threatened to spring to her eyes, and quieter still she murmured, voice only loud enough for someone close by to hear. "More now than ever, I wish to not be alone."

The breeze continued to play with her mane.

Image Credits
Original Coding by Tamme
[Image: 5581b91112f69]
Colored by Kels ♡
Lines by Bronzehalo

Please Tag Me ○ Permission for magic and injury is granted. Just no death or permanent harm.

Messages In This Thread
Evening Sickness - by Ki'irha - 04-07-2016, 09:00 PM
RE: Evening Sickness - by Ashamin - 04-23-2016, 10:24 AM
RE: Evening Sickness - by Ki'irha - 05-01-2016, 05:58 PM