the Rift

[PRIVATE] Help Me, Help You.

Glacia Posts: 111
Aurora Basin Medic atk: 4.0 | def: 8.0 | dam: 6.5
Mare :: Unicorn :: 16.3 :: 4 Years HP: 62.5 | Buff: NOVICE
Name :: Snowy Owl :: None Nessie

I am momentarily confused by the color of white interrupting the gray haze before me. I had been seeing without seeing. I hadn't even noticed the hoof steps approaching. I was to wrapped in misery. Slowly my head lifts just enough to allow me clear sight of who was in front of me. My ears half prick forward.

"Dad?"

He looks different. He's healed now. "Has is been that long? No. Not that long..." He looked so tired though. He looked as haggard as I did. Fear eats away inside me, and my stomach rolls and twists. I feel nauseous. Ashamed. Did he hate me? Was he humiliated by his daughter? Did I let him down?

"Did I let everyone down? Including myself?"

I don't know what to say to him. He's standing in front of me, and I can't think of what to say to him. He'd seen me in the birth of my depression, and he had seen me as a bright child. He had seen me in a discovered daze, and I had watched him run away. He'd saved me at the risk of his own life. And now he saw me. In my worst. And yet through it all, I didn't know him. I didn't know his pain. My head sunk and turned away, as the feeling of choking returned. My eyes closed trying to regain control. Composure.

But I wasn't as good as him or mom. They could be so stoned faced and cold. And all I could do was look away. Look away and hope that I could push onward.

"I..."

It comes out softly, as I open my eyes to look at him. The sentence isn't ever finished, because what can I say? What could I possibly say. What was there to say? I stared straight at him, and the odd look he was giving me. What I guess was an attempt at being stubborn.

"It feels like its killing me."

It's the only thing I can muster. It's so sad, so pathetic. It's whispered onto the wind, only for him to catch, then to vanish into the fog forever. Locked in a box of memories, and the golden key tossed into the sea.

And I falter, tears being yanked free again, and I move to tuck my neck safely under his. Maybe he can shield me from the pain I can't control. Maybe... Maybe...

"talk talk talk talk "

I HAD A HEART THEN
but the queen has been overthrown

full image

@Mauja
I'm sorry this took awhile <3

Messages In This Thread
Help Me, Help You. - by Glacia - 04-08-2016, 12:58 AM
RE: Help Me, Help You. - by Mauja - 04-18-2016, 10:45 AM
RE: Help Me, Help You. - by Glacia - 05-03-2016, 04:32 PM
RE: Help Me, Help You. - by Mauja - 06-02-2016, 05:22 PM