the Rift

[PRIVATE] A Hidden Sin

Knox Posts: 262
Outcast atk: 4 | def: 7.5 | dam: 6.5
Stallion :: Equine :: 17hh :: 7 Years [Tallsun] HP: 67.5 | Buff: NOVICE
Jen

</style>  

Knox swings when he walks. Like a boozy piano player, a drunken sort of melody, he moves. His lips are in a constant state of motion, as if he is chewing. But no, he is praying to some maddened god in the distance, some ancient creation he no longer believes in. He mouths the words but fails to speak them, finding each and every one dead upon his tongue. Still they echo in his mind, a repetitive chorus of oh father forgive me for all I have done for I know I'm your son and I'm the only one so dear father forgive me for all I have done I am wracked I am ruined I'm your shame and son, oh father forgive me for all I have done...

Over and over the words haunt him. He doesn't know where he came up with them--perhaps it was in a dream. All Knox knows is he woke up with the melody of it and now he is stuck with every bump in the tune like some sort of incurable disease. And truly, for his shame and the dishonor he has brought to the Sentinel's good name, he is sorry.

It is not like the hunter to beg for forgiveness, and perhaps that is why he feels so nauseous now. Birdsong brings with it a beautiful, sweet scent and the pity of light winds but he feels violent and uncontrollable. Knox's body shakes; he finds himself in a cold sweat every morning. Especially this morning. Especially this one.

His dark body cuts through the sparse wood, looking for someone, for something. He snaps branches between his teeth, relishing in the cracking sound. His face, still mangled from his spar with Amaris, aches. He does not press his magic to the injury now, and allows himself to live in part darkness. This is the price of shame, of all that he has done and should not have in his life.

If he believed he were truly alone, he might have wailed about it. But the fact of the matter is Knox never is alone, not really, and so when he hears a snapping of a body in the wood in the distance his whole body stiffens. Suddenly, the hunter is on alert.

"Who's there?" he calls out into the darkness, thinking as loudly as he can that he hopes it is no one.

Please stay, comes the faint hope in his mind for otherwise.

""

"The Woods are Lovely Dark and Deep"</style>

@Lakota

Messages In This Thread
A Hidden Sin - by Knox - 04-09-2016, 07:34 PM
RE: A Hidden Sin - by Lakota - 04-14-2016, 08:20 PM
RE: A Hidden Sin - by Knox - 04-22-2016, 06:30 AM