the Rift

[OPEN] and the thoughtful won't think

Erthë Posts: 440
Outcast atk: 5.5 | def: 8.5 | dam: 5.5
Filly :: Hybrid :: 14,2 hh :: 3 years HP: 64.5 | Buff: NOVICE
Chan
You're so cold but you feel alive

Finely chiseled ears twitch to catch the sound of his voice over the heavily sighing wind, words spilling forth with surprisingly little resistance. The time it took him to formulate such a simple reply is laughable of course, yet Erthë finds it to to be a pleasant surprise. Imagine, for there not to be a single insult wrapped within those five syllables! It was a record of some sort, no mistake. The answer in itself forced her to think however, because the 'pavilion'... Was there such a thing? She new of the Caves and the shrines in the Veins and the Grove hidden amidst mist and swaying leaves, but a pavilion...

"I don't think I know of such a..."

And then, quite suddenly a memory surfaced of sunlight playing through colored glass raised high on marble pillars, a round structure standing amidst water and trees and clinging rose vines, of a heated argument between light and dark and another quiet, peaceable conversation a wing-blessed tiger.

"oh... Oh! No sorry, yes of course I do! You mean the old round one, yes?" For the first time ever in his company, her smile became genuine. The effect was not unlike the first appearance of sunlight on the spring side of winter, when the thick clouds parted and the full radiance of the light was reflected upon freshly fallen snow. Pure and blinding and completely honest the young cygnet beamed at Rikyn, laughter beading upon every syllable as she continued;

"Haha I had no idea you had an eye for art, Rikyn! Of all the places in Helovia, you choose the most beautiful one! I can appreciate that."

Forgetting that she was supposed to be angry at him she thrust down the wings in several powerful bursts and shot up into the sky, pirouetting as she went - too giddy to suppress it, much too full of new energy to restrain herself. This was a new discovery! A part of her wanted to laugh in a different kind of tone and taunt the stubborn man, say 'It doesn't suit you!' with a malicious grin and see him snap as the insult penetrated deep beneath his defenses. But for the sake of change, Erthë swallowed it. What could ever be wrong with appreciating the beauty of things that undeniably touched the heart upon witnessing them? Were the beautiful of heart the only ones with a right to appreciate it? If so then she was a criminal too, because beneath the shimmering porcelain facade, the thoughts of this doll was not all that innocent. Rikyn in turn might shelter a heart of purest gold, though he did a banging good job of hiding it.

"I like it there, would you mind it terribly if I came along?"

She grinned at him as she came swerving back, flushed and a little sweaty from the aerial dance, hair tousled and windswept into sun-kissed clouds of flowing silk. The silvery tones were teasing, daring him to say yes and find her tagging along anyway - but something in her gaze suggested that maybe, just maybe she might listen if he was completely serious about wanting to be left alone.

Maybe. If he asked nicely.

Image by Memuii || Table by Wanderer

~| Use of magic and violence is always permitted |~
~| Please only tag in opening posts |~

Messages In This Thread
and the thoughtful won't think - by Rikyn - 04-11-2016, 11:21 AM
RE: and the thoughtful won't think - by Erthë - 04-11-2016, 11:58 AM
RE: and the thoughtful won't think - by Rikyn - 04-11-2016, 01:03 PM
RE: and the thoughtful won't think - by Erthë - 04-11-2016, 01:37 PM
RE: and the thoughtful won't think - by Rikyn - 04-11-2016, 03:37 PM
RE: and the thoughtful won't think - by Erthë - 04-28-2016, 03:27 PM
RE: and the thoughtful won't think - by Rikyn - 04-29-2016, 10:48 AM