the Rift

[PRIVATE] Breaking walls

Tembovu the Elephant Posts: 805
World's Edge Captain atk: 7 | def: 9.0 | dam: 7.5
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 18hh :: 10 HP: 77 | Buff: SWIFT
Mbwene :: African Elephant :: Ashen smitty
Tembovu & Mwebene
He remained still, rooted in place, as the starlit fairy slipped from the shadows. Her silver eyes avoided his own, instead tracing the hard lines life had left on is bulk— only to tense and shy away from the sleeping calf at his leg. Mbwene, herself, roused only at the softly accented greeting, missing her mistrust and instead drowsily interested in the unique sound of her voice. Her ears slowly flapped forward, half-mast eyes drifting after the graceful motions of the silver mare. But, she otherwise did not move in her half-asleep state.

The King, likewise, tracked the silver woman with both his eyes and ears. Her voice, the gently lilting accent, easily slipped into his black-rimmed funnels; entrancing him as it had the first time he had heard it. But his eyes did not glaze, nor did he slip into the rapture that had held him before— he had experience this woman before. For all her beauty and exotic allure, he knew slipping under her spell was good for neither of them. Instead, he simply murmured, “This is Mbwene,” low rumble soft to reflect her own tone.

And then silence reigned— navy and silver held a vigil, before he lost her gaze to lashes are her eyes fell to forest floor. Perked ears listen, eyes studying the black lines of her face as she stumbled over words. An ivory hoof moves in a half-step towards her— to comfort? To encourage? Either way, he stays himself, waiting for her to finish her words. This time would be different; it would not end in either of them slipping away into the night.

His lips twitch as she hides her bright eyes behind her forelock; they want to brush it away, to clear the silken white locks from her face. But, still, he waits, “I am fine,” he answers quietly, “Better than when we last met,” indeed, he had been buried beneath guilt and shadows when he had last met the celestial woman— when she had fled from him. Because now, “I am a father,” his voice grew stronger, warmer, as the unexpected confession announcement slipped out of his muzzle.

But it clashed mid-air, his words spoken at the same time as her “I’ve missed you.” His brows raised, and he hesitates for a moment before his hooves take him steps closer to her, “Then why haven’t you found me?” his question was soft, “Why did you run?”

Mbwene, having lost her pillar of support, curled on the ground and continued her slumber.
credit

@Katerina

Please tag Tembovu.

Messages In This Thread
Breaking walls - by Katerina - 04-13-2016, 07:25 PM
RE: Breaking walls - by Tembovu - 04-20-2016, 12:21 AM
RE: Breaking walls - by Katerina - 04-25-2016, 11:01 PM
RE: Breaking walls - by Tembovu - 04-28-2016, 10:05 AM
RE: Breaking walls - by Katerina - 05-02-2016, 10:27 PM
RE: Breaking walls - by Tembovu - 05-11-2016, 11:33 PM
RE: Breaking walls - by Katerina - 05-22-2016, 07:34 PM
RE: Breaking walls - by Tembovu - 05-27-2016, 12:45 AM