the Rift

The Secret of a Song

Lotus Posts: 31
Outcast
Mare :: Unicorn :: 14.2 :: 3
Whit
Having lived here a few seasons now, I find it quite saddening that few unicorns seem to roam our land, or Helovia in general. It is disheartening, and I suppose I can understand why my King opened our borders to those of all kinds – but even since that decree, the motions of the World’s Edge are quiet and non-existent. If it weren’t for my dearest little Dirk, I would be plagued with loneliness I am sure, for I was a mare used to being surrounded by her sisters, aunts and mother at all times. We were close, myself and my Amazonian sisters, and I would be lying if I said I didn’t miss them. But I could never return, I was so torn between what I had been brought up with and what I had learned – I didn’t know who to believe, myself or my herd? Even now, I am torn, as my herd are followers of the dark maiden, the Moon Goddess, where I am devout to my Earthly lord. This herd seems to be overrun with stallion also, something that makes me unsure of how to behave or act, unsure of who to trust – we are a herd disunited, you see, a herd truly built upon words and false promises. This I can see now, and with this realisation comes only more sadness. Action needs to be taken, but I know not what action, and so I am left floundering, watching our borders as the Warrior within me commands, and exploring the realm as often as my cloven hooves allow me to.

It is with some surprise that I come across the true Edge of our lands, and spy a figure – another stallion, how unexpected – peering over its decline. The musical hum that resonates from him lures me in, just as the scented petals amongst the tendrils of my mane and tail might draw him in. Svelte ears capture his tune, and appreciate it, and I smile, allowing the melody to relax my worried countenance briefly. Pearlescent horn tilts as I approach the stallion and nod, a small sound singing from my maw in greeting. I recognise him as one of our own, one of the Edge, and while formal introductions were never made, I am learning, slowly, to trust that those who are a part of the herd are not going to chase me away – they know not what I was trained to do my whole life, they would have no reason to want me gone. Leonine tail swishes delicately from side to side, and my voice pours forth from my maw once more, this time crafting a gentle salutation to the chocolate and crème steed.

“Hello – I don’t think we’ve been introduced. I am Lotus, and this is Dirk.” I motion to the small bundle of fur clinging to my withers, though there is affection and love in my voice as I mention the kitten. Dirk rustles from his slumber then, his mismatched little eyes peering out to the stallion, and I ensure to send him gentle, soothing emotions, eliciting the vibrations of a purr from him in response. Nape arched, I peer at this curious steed, awaiting a reply.

Messages In This Thread
The Secret of a Song - by Amarth - 06-15-2012, 08:24 PM
RE: The Secret of a Song {Open} - by Lotus - 06-18-2012, 07:39 PM
RE: The Secret of a Song {Open} - by Mauja - 06-19-2012, 12:20 PM
RE: The Secret of a Song - by Amarth - 06-19-2012, 05:26 PM