the Rift

[OPEN] white water rescue

Rikyn the Puppeteer Posts: 549
Aurora Basin Lord atk: 7.5 | def: 11.5 | dam: 4.5
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 16.3 :: 4 HP: 70 | Buff: SWIFT
Duir :: Royal Cerndyr :: Earth Spirit Bunnie
Rikyn
I don’t think about the fact that he might still be Lord Thranduil at all as I stare him down from the shore; I also don’t think that Erebos is aware of this current situation. Somehow I doubt he would have agreed to his entire being, magic and all, flaunted about in front of any one, for any means. I don’t think about how very arrogant and volatile it may make me seem, just as the entire situation with Ashamin and countless others have unraveled before my eyes.

This one goes differently. Though my words and body language aren’t that much different from all my less than pleasant conversations before, the man is very different indeed; his smile falls, he meets with his companion along the shore (I swear he told me his name once… oh well). He agrees with me at first, which sort of throws me off my game for a split second, ears splaying ever so slightly from their hostile position.

Of course. Okay…

He also agrees to drop the charade, though he insults my choice of words in the usual, frustrating Thranduil fashion. I think, for the first time while dealing with him, that maybe we’re too similar to get along. Maybe the magic is cool, as offensive as seeing Thranduil in Erebos’ skin is, and maybe watching him shift from one person to another is rather interesting.

Maybe it makes my eyes narrow and my insides curl, because fuck that I’m nothing like that guy.

I’m anger incarnate simmering on the shore when he turns to the deer alongside him and whispers as if I can’t hear him. What he whispers is not really all that clever, as far as Thranduil’s lines go, but I’m already frustrated enough with the entire day that it really bothers me. What bothers me even more is that I’m sure he had fully intended it to have that effect, and so I do my best to restrain myself, though my eyes are molten and my ears have almost vanished in my tangled hair.

What he says next helps me recover slightly, mostly because he’s now insulted my adventurer’s nature. A snort breaks from my nostrils in mockery of the entire statement, and how little he obviously knows about me or my family at all.

"I was speaking of Erebos, not myself," I retort, my own tail arcing in a much more sinister fashion than the Laurelin’s easy play; my blade brother was busy honing his skills in leadership to rule the Basin some day, and his body to avenge the death of Arwen, slain by some cruel brute almost before Erebos’ very eyes. He didn’t have time to go dashing in and out of herd lands, chased by angry pale women with icy blades, or to tip toe behind some stranger, hoping to remain unnoticed. He was busy being a real knight, with real responsibilities.

Me?

"I can do as I please now, without worrying a bit who it will effect," I grin, a dark thing which is given a terrible shadow by the aggression still simmering in me, and that grin grows in depth as I think of how ironic my next statement is; I’d once been made into nobody by the Spark, in quite the literal sense, "I’m pretty much a nobody, and it suits me well."

Coding by Tamme - Image by Dingo

Messages In This Thread
white water rescue - by Rikyn - 04-13-2016, 10:31 AM
RE: white water rescue - by Thranduil - 04-16-2016, 09:08 PM
RE: white water rescue - by Rikyn - 04-21-2016, 12:58 PM
RE: white water rescue - by Thranduil - 06-07-2016, 12:23 PM
RE: white water rescue - by Rikyn - 06-20-2016, 01:30 PM
RE: white water rescue - by Thranduil - 06-21-2016, 02:07 PM
RE: white water rescue - by Rikyn - 06-28-2016, 12:27 PM
RE: white water rescue - by Thranduil - 06-30-2016, 01:08 PM
RE: white water rescue - by Rikyn - 07-05-2016, 12:55 PM
RE: white water rescue - by Thranduil - 07-13-2016, 09:17 AM