the Rift

[OPEN] fluffy meep

Enyo Posts: 27
Outcast
Mare :: Unicorn :: 14hh :: 2
Onei :: Gyrfalcon :: None M.E.

"Only if you jump first"

Something in you deflates a little, and you sag against the sudden appearance of Sister, pressing yourself into her smell and her fur and the warm things that guard against the freezing gales. You don’t like his answer; you don’t know if he’s mocking you or not. He had been the one skirting around the edges of the cliff; he was the one with the wings. The only thing you might get by jumping from the cliff was certain death, but he might flutter around for a few moments. Maybe. You don’t know. That’s why you had wanted him to jump so badly. “But I’ll never have wings,” you tell him evenly, rolling your bare shoulders a little bit to emphasize the point. You don’t really care that you’ll never have wings, either—being an angel has never been a daydream of yours—but you wonder, briefly, if he’ll feel pity for you, and what that might mean later.

"Ma and Pa say I'm not allowed flying until I'm older. But we could play tag...?"

That answer made much more sense, you decide. Of course parents would set limits on that sort of thing. Don’t parents usually set limits? Don’t they set rules? Roles? “Who are your parents?” you ask curiously, because that was a question that was often asked in this land, you find. Or maybe everyone just wanted to know who your parents were. That particular idea inspires both rage and pleasure; you’re not sure which one to pick.

Playing tag is a children’s game, and you shouldn’t be doing children things, little Enyo. Of course you’ll grow out of the compulsion soon enough, becoming a lady in due time who has no desire to trifle with little kid things. But today is not that day. You are tempted by the offer of tag, because your heart’s still a kid’s heart, your mind’s still a kid’s mind. “Okay, sure,” you say simply, straightening from Sister’s warmth, “What’s your name?” You want to know who you’re playing with.

talk talk talk

Enyo

Screaming like a siren
Alive and burning brighter
I am the fire
credits

@Oizys
[Image: pixelcomm4_by_sourful-d9xl8aw.png]
Pixel by Sourful!

Please tag Enyo in all posts!
All force is permitted against her!

Messages In This Thread