the Rift

PARAMOUNT [herd meeting]

Megaera the Sunspear Posts: 306
Absent Abyss atk: 6.5 | def: 10.5 | dam: 4.5
Mare :: Pegasus :: 15 h :: 8 [Birdsong] HP: 70 | Buff: NOVICE
Gwaihir :: Golden Eagle :: None Laine

M E G A E R A
“We cast a shadow on something wherever we stand, and it is no good moving from place to place to save things; because the shadow always follows. Choose a place where you won't do harm - yes, choose a place where you won't do very much harm, and stand in it for all you are worth, facing the sunshine.” -- E.M. Forster

She left Mesec in the grasslands of the Heart with Gwaihir and Lucius to watch over him and the promise that she would return. Time measured itself in the thrumming of her heart, each beat and shout in her chest that she had to get back to Mesec and soon. She was taking a risk in leaving him, even if only for an hour or two. He might shift again, might run, but she clung to the fact that he had kept his promise and trusted in the eagle and the zephyr to keep him grounded until she could return. Then, they would make their journey to seek the Gods, but Meg had to be sure her herd was left in capable hands.

Now she knew why she had not seen hide nor hair of Gaucho and Ampere, but their absence did not sill well with the Sunspear. They wouldn't just leave, would they? But even as the question formed in Megaera's mind she wondered if it was fair. What would she have done, if Mesec's beastly transformation had threatened her own twins? Would she have packed off her children to safety, even if that meant leaving without a word? She didn't like to think of that possibility... With any luck she and Mesec would be headed for the Veins in an hours time to seek a way to give her friend some control or some answers at the very least. The sands greeted Meg's hooves with a comforting familiarity as she touched down near the northern edge of the oasis; this was home, so solid and sure... She would be gone a few days at most, and even if she planned to be away for years, the Throat would always be there to welcome her home. 

The wild Sultana wasted no time: with a mighty trumpeting, she tossed her head into the air and let her magic fly. The beacon coursed into the air, a shaft of pure sunlight that exuded from her very skin. For several long seconds it blazed, a signal for the herd to gather, before receding back into its holding place inside her soul. She danced, and impatient step that turned her body so she could watch for her herd. Seconds seemed to stretch, so eager was she to see to this business and get back to her moon-shaded friend. Everything seemed so painfully slow when one had somewhere else to be.

[arrivals]

She met every gaze as each arrived, glad even beyond her preoccupied state that all had made it through the cold months. True, their herdland was milder than most, but she was always glad when the Birdsong broke the grip of Frostfall and the season of the Sun ruled once more.

“My friends, thank you for coming. It warms my heart to see so many of you. I am afraid our meeting today will be brief, but I have business that should not be put off. Helovia at large has been quiet for several months now, it is my belief and hope that we had seen an end to the openings in the rift and that settles there there followed. I take great pride in the part that those Dragon’s Throat playing in defending our realm, and give my thanks to those that fought. Likewise the herds have settled, and we have been working on establishing trade relations.” She nodded her approval to those who had journeyed to the other herds and met the delegations that had been sent to the Throat.

”As it stands, Helovia is at peace, but I would urge you to guard against complacency. The trials we have faced have always come quite unexpected and I would have us take the coming months to strengthen ourselves as we look toward the future.” The sultana’s eyes drifted, picking out the higher ranked individuals, “Those who have been given a charge, I will be expecting to see progress in each of your fields. Train those you have beneath you and keep sharp eyed for talent to foster, I will meet with you each soon.” Here gaze now snapped between the citizens, “Those of the nation, I encourage you to think of applying yourselves and selecting a vocation.”

There were promotions to be made, particularly in the ranks of the healers and the warriors but in most cases she had seen little enough effort to know who deserved that rank and honor of the Sun’s blessings. There was at least one spot she needed to fill now, following Ghost’s recent departure (though she had little enough understanding for the whole lot of them) and Meg turned to the striped stallion. “Misael, you shall take the place of Sleuth. It is the eyes and ears of the Dragon’s Throat and I trust you to honor that duty.” She opened herself to the gathering at large, extending her wings in invitation. “If anyone has business for the heard, please speak.”

TL:DR
- Meg has a baby bump DAMN EINARR KEEP IT IN UR PANTS
- Helovia has so much chill right now until that Kaos bastard shows his ugly face again
- Those with jobs, step it up
- Those without jobs should get one
- @Misael is now the Sleuth!!
- Meg wants to hear your problems but briefly cause she had a date with Mesec before he wargs out again

You have one week to post! [4/23]
FAC FORTIA ET PATERE
be brave and endure
:: permission given for use of magic and force :: please tag Megaera in all posts ::

Messages In This Thread
PARAMOUNT [herd meeting] - by Megaera - 04-16-2016, 10:45 PM
RE: PARAMOUNT [herd meeting] - by Reginald - 04-18-2016, 08:34 PM
RE: PARAMOUNT [herd meeting] - by Einarr - 04-18-2016, 09:10 PM
RE: PARAMOUNT [herd meeting] - by Caneo - 04-18-2016, 11:10 PM
RE: PARAMOUNT [herd meeting] - by Ilios - 04-19-2016, 02:43 AM
RE: PARAMOUNT [herd meeting] - by Aelin - 04-19-2016, 04:46 PM
RE: PARAMOUNT [herd meeting] - by Merlin - 04-20-2016, 09:33 AM
RE: PARAMOUNT [herd meeting] - by Gaucho - 04-20-2016, 12:33 PM
RE: PARAMOUNT [herd meeting] - by Shida - 04-20-2016, 12:54 PM
RE: PARAMOUNT [herd meeting] - by Tae - 04-20-2016, 01:01 PM
RE: PARAMOUNT [herd meeting] - by Rhoa - 04-20-2016, 01:07 PM