the Rift

[OPEN] These Bones

Mesec the Nightwind Posts: 476
World's Edge Glazier atk: 5.5 | def: 9 | dam: 5
Stallion :: Tribrid :: 16.3hh :: 7 years old HP: 76 | Buff: NOVICE
Lucius :: Royal Zephyr :: Roc & Lyra :: Common Kitsune :: Dreams Sarah

Mesec watched for the play of emotions on her face as he tried to place it in his memories. She was beautiful like the snow that surrounded them - which both she and her griffin seemed to be crafted from - and it was a little embarrassing to think that the pair had not made a lasting impression on him. His suspicions that it must have been while they were young were confirmed with her opening statement - that they had lived in the Basin together. His smile faltered at that - not because he suddenly recalled who she was but because his stay there as a colt had been… difficult.

But she went on to explain that she had been disrespectful and though no further bells chimed in his mind to remind him of what exactly had been said, Mesec knew it did not really matter. She genuinely seemed to regret what had happened - an emotion he was all too familiar with lately. It consumed him day and night without fail but if he could do nothing to ease his own weight then he could at least ease hers.

Lucius idly pointed out through their bond that Mesec could do something, he just wasn’t - apart from the near-starvation and forced exhaustion. But if this pale unicorn and her companion could distract Mesec from his pain for a little while, it would make today easier to get through and then they would just need to worry about tomorrow.

As far as distractions from the present went, this trip far into the past was effective.  

“I don’t think it’d be very fair of me to blame you for something you said when you were young, something you have so fervently apologized for.” He recalled her face but not her name or the words that she had spoken - but if they had lived in the Basin together then a lot had happened since then. A lot of terrible memories covering up what sounded like an unpleasant first meeting. His tone reflected the soft smile that grew on his face, encouraging her to raise her gaze again. “So let’s start fresh, okay? I’m Mesec and this is Lucius.” He motioned to the zephyr perched on the rock near him who was beginning to relax now that Mesec’s apprehension was fading. Lucius unfolded his four dark wings - blinking in the Frostfall sun with the iridescent teal and purple that lined the inner feathers - and flapped them in a playful gesture toward the griffin. “What are your names?”

I’m trying to find my direction home, ______________
A question of space, a matter of time, _______
I follow the stars until the first light.

image by jjjj56cp at flickr
please tag Mesec in replies
non-life threatening force is allowed at all times

Messages In This Thread
These Bones - by Mesec - 04-16-2016, 11:54 PM
RE: These Bones - by Arah - 04-17-2016, 08:59 PM
RE: These Bones - by Mesec - 04-19-2016, 11:28 PM
RE: These Bones - by Arah - 04-20-2016, 07:01 PM
RE: These Bones - by Mesec - 04-25-2016, 09:19 PM
RE: These Bones - by Arah - 04-26-2016, 08:06 PM
RE: These Bones - by Mesec - 05-16-2016, 12:51 PM