the Rift

[PRIVATE] This distance between us, oh honey, it's not so very far. [Sun and Moon]

Megaera the Sunspear Posts: 306
Absent Abyss atk: 6.5 | def: 10.5 | dam: 4.5
Mare :: Pegasus :: 15 h :: 8 [Birdsong] HP: 70 | Buff: NOVICE
Gwaihir :: Golden Eagle :: None Laine

AND THE WATER IS RISIN' QUICK
AND FOR YEARS I WAS SCARED OF IT
WE CAN'T BE SURE WHEN IT WILL SUBSIDE
SO I WON'T LEAVE YOUR SIDE, NO I CAN'T LEAVE YOUR SIDE

Mesec had waited for her… he couldn’t know how relieved she had been to return and find him still near the Heart. She had left Gwaihir and Lucius with him but she had seen the beast the Mesec had become and knew that if he had turned, they would not have been able to hold him there. But he had waited, kept that promise too while she had seen to the herd. They would be fine for a few days, she had to believe that, because Mesec was decidedly not fine.

She didn’t suggest they fly to the veins, though Meg would have liked to have gotten there as quickly as possible, she though it best to keep her friend on the ground. Keeping him calm seemed to the the operative task, and a slow pace seemed to lend itself to that. Not to mention two other very important considerations: first, she didn’t know the full capabilities of his wolf self, and could not risk that he transform mid-flight and plummet to his death. Secondly, her progressing pregnancy did not lend itself to speedy travel; her growing weight made her unsteady in the air and more likely to tire quickly. Meg didn’t mention either to Mesec and let him set their pace while still keeping them moving forward.

In fact, she didn’t talk much as they moved into the outlandish landscape of the Veins. She let most of her support go unsaid, displayed by keeping close by, and sending a reassuring smile whenever she caught his eye. See? I’m here. You are no monster, you are my friend, and I am yours. When she did speak it was to calm and insist that the Gods would have answers. She could not pray hard enough that she would not be proved a liar in that. Even as Meg tried to boost Mesec along, it was Gwaihir that got Meg through the journey, absorbing her worries so she could keep up her facade of confidence. She stopped, finally, when she came to the foot of the four stone shrines and the eagle descended to perch upon her wings and both waited for the other two to join them. 

So focused was the Sunspear on her friend's need that she did not think of the fact that she could call down the Sun to see if he was pleased with her progress. She stood there, considering which god she should appeal to, and considered only who could best help her friend. Naturally she would have called upon the Sun to combat the darkness but might the Goddess be a better bet? Meg had a bad enough opinion of the Moon, but she also knew what is was to be a mother. That need to help and to guard her children pulsed in her with every breath, every heartbeat, surely even the Goddess would feel that for her son... How could she not? In the end, Meg settled on them both, bowing to one then the other as she spoke. "Lord Sun, Lady Moon, please hear me. We are in need of your council.

@Mythical Request - Turning in Meg's quest!

Granted Here - "Meg must show she understands the destruction is not the only way to protect. She must prove this in three different ways, which are up to you. Some suggestions might be: To talk her way out of a situation instead of fighting, to help someone in need without resorting to violence, to use passive resistance in the face of conflict, etc."

1) Nope.
Protects Mordecai from further self harm and general sads by showing affection and support.

2) Savages! Savages! & and I think to myself...what a wonderful world
Offers to accompany Cera as moral support when he goes to see the Moon Goddess. She puts Cera's need and safety (Gwaihir and Ilaria's too) ahead of her own anger by holding herself back from trying to cuss out Moony, really protecting her buds from the consequences of her own temper.

3) to the principal's office & Everybody Learns from Disaster & this thread >.>
Overcomes her gut-reaction of kicking Mesec out of the herd because he is Moony's son, realizing that they are not so different and that protecting her herd includes protecting Mesec as well. Makes him promise not to leave and to find her is he wargs out again (which he does) Refuses to let him run away and insists on bringing him to the veins to try and help get him some answeres about his beastyness.

Also Sarah will be using a VOTG pass for @Mesec - Perhaps she could post first prettyplease <333
FAC FORTIA ET PATERE
be brave and endure
:: permission given for use of magic and force :: please tag Megaera in all posts ::

Messages In This Thread
This distance between us, oh honey, it's not so very far. [Sun and Moon] - by Megaera - 04-17-2016, 12:41 AM