the Rift

[PRIVATE] This distance between us, oh honey, it's not so very far. [Sun and Moon]

Megaera the Sunspear Posts: 306
Absent Abyss atk: 6.5 | def: 10.5 | dam: 4.5
Mare :: Pegasus :: 15 h :: 8 [Birdsong] HP: 70 | Buff: NOVICE
Gwaihir :: Golden Eagle :: None Laine

AND THE WATER IS RISIN' QUICK
AND FOR YEARS I WAS SCARED OF IT
WE CAN'T BE SURE WHEN IT WILL SUBSIDE
SO I WON'T LEAVE YOUR SIDE, NO I CAN'T LEAVE YOUR SIDE

They appeared together, both beautiful and terrible and as different as any two beings could be. They’re effects on the heart of the Sunspear, though insignificant compared to their larger impact on the world, were as dichotomous was the deities themselves. Luckily it was the light of the Sun that outshone the Moon's shadows and so that is where her attention fell, adoration outweighing enmity.

Meg bowed her head low to the Sun, respectful and obedient but raising her eyes again quickly to watch with rapt attention. Even with the Goddess beside him, The Sun’s presence at her call was reassurance that she had been right in bringing Mesec here. They would help, she thought, they would at least know why Mesec had been suffering so, but before Meg could begin to explain why they had come the Sun spoke again. At the god’s praise, his use of her familiar name, she could not help but feel a rush of fierce pride that instantly gave way to a momentary confusion. So focused had she been on Mesec’s troubles she hadn’t thought of the quest she had been given. She had been putting off returning for months, even half-heartedly (and mistakenly) avoiding the Diviner for fear that she hadn’t yet understood the lesson the Sun had been trying to impart in her. Her eyes widened at the realization of what the god meant, surprise and pleasure at his praise but soon doused by the worry in her heart and led by the Sun’s question. “I thank you, Lord, truly, but that is not why I have come.”

Her eyes turned to Mesec quickly, trying to show that it was he who was in need of the god’s attention, but Meg’s dark pools were pulled away just as soon to fix on the goddess. For the second time Meg was forced to indirectly endure the Moon’s snide remarks. The lavender lady seemed to be forming a habit of making light of her friends’ pain and it raked the Sunspear’s patience to shreds, but like she had done for Cera’s sake (and likely thanks to the Sun’s presence) she forced those feelings aside.

“Mesec’s transformations.” She said pointedly, trying to make it more of an appeal than and accusation. “They began at the battle with the Wolf of the Rift. We came to ask what causes them; how they can be stopped—or at least if there is a way for him to gain some measure of control over them…” Here eyes shifted between the deities, not sure which could give what she asked, and then she looked to Mesec, ernest compassion out weighing pride. Though there acquaintance was short, he was part of her herd, her responsibility—and more importantly now, he was her friend. If she had to suck up her pride and beg the Moon for help then Sun help her, she’d do it. “Please, will you help us?”

@Mesec
FAC FORTIA ET PATERE
be brave and endure
:: permission given for use of magic and force :: please tag Megaera in all posts ::

Messages In This Thread
RE: This distance between us, oh honey, it's not so very far. [Sun and Moon] - by Megaera - 04-18-2016, 06:05 PM